S30 for sale < 200 miles

Earle Kirkland

Gentlemen, I have an S30 for sale. A few scuffs from learning, otherwise in excellent shape. Did a seat mod for the headrest; nothing that can't be undone. Selling because I'm not a racer and just took up Mountain Biking. Make an offer.s30-1.jpg s30-2.jpg S30-3.jpg

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Chiming in with a side note: I own and ride a V20, S30, and S40. While I put the most miles on the V20, I love riding the S30. It is great for centuries and fast social rides. It is the "just right" middle ground between the V20 and S40. Cruzbike doesn't make it anymore, and they come up for sale infrequently. So if you're torn between choosing the V20 and S40, here's a rare chance to own the one right in the middle.

Rlbowers

Earle,
Quite interested, I’m just venturing into the recumbent world on a T-50 and looking for more performance but not ready commit to a V20. I’d be willing to pay your asking price if you’d be willing to ship to 36561. Are the scuffs you mentioned on the left side of the seat?
Thanks,
Bob

Earle Kirkland

Bob,

The scuffs are on the ends of the handlebars, the white marks on the left side is tape I was using to create a backing to move the angle of the back rest. I think the spot you are seeing on the seat is just some dust. I'll take close up shots of you are interested. Let me check on the packing/shipping costs and I'll get back to you.

Best,
Earle

BikeGary

Earle,
Quite interested, I’m just venturing into the recumbent world on a T-50 and looking for more performance but not ready commit to a V20. I’d be willing to pay your asking price if you’d be willing to ship to 36561. Are the scuffs you mentioned on the left side of the seat?
Thanks,
Bob

If you buy this bike, buy the pump for the headset so you can adjust it. Also I'd recommend moving the water bottles to under the seat. These bikes handle best when the weight is low and centered. If you need to carry stuff, the underseat bag that Cruzbike sells is excellent. If you need to carry more stuff, look in these forums for a variety of racks that can be installed. (With some minor adjustments.) Same for flags, lights etc.

BikeGary

Chiming in with a side note: I own and ride a V20, S30, and S40. While I put the most miles on the V20, I love riding the S30. It is great for centuries and fast social rides. It is the "just right" middle ground between the V20 and S40. Cruzbike doesn't make it anymore, and they come up for sale infrequently. So if you're torn between choosing the V20 and S40, here's a rare chance to own the one right in the middle.
I haven't ridden all the other bikes but I am happy with my S30.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Gentlemen, I have an S30 for sale. A few scuffs from learning, otherwise in excellent shape. Did a seat mod for the headrest; nothing that can't be undone. Selling because I'm not a racer and just took up Mountain Biking. Make an offer.View attachment 8563 View attachment 8564 View attachment 8565

This is a rare model of an S30. The last version before S40. It was unique in that it had a rigid front and a suspended rare end. Then topping it all up with a moderate seat reclne angle of 33deg . It's a rare gem!

If I was living in the USA and with the $$$$ I would buy it without hesitation.

Last edited:

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
If you buy this bike, buy the pump for the headset so you can adjust it. Also I'd recommend moving the water bottles to under the seat. These bikes handle best when the weight is low and centered. If you need to carry stuff, the underseat bag that Cruzbike sells is excellent. If you need to carry more stuff, look in these forums for a variety of racks that can be installed. (With some minor adjustments.) Same for flags, lights etc.
This version does not have front suspension. No need for the pump.