S40 For Sale in Monrovia, MD $3K

3WHELZ

Guru
I came across this add for a S40 that is for sale. I know nothing more than what is in the add, https://offerup.com/item/detail/589068786/. The add states that it has never been ridden. It does look brand new. The price listed is $3,000 and includes a CF race case and sling pack that is not pictured. I suspect that it was purchased from Mt. Airy Bicycles.

velocio

Austrian roadside steckerlfisch (fish on a stick)
I bought it. Drove up from Raleigh and picked it up Sunday from the very nice first owner and his wife. Beautiful machine and literally never ridden (though attempts were made to ride it, resulting in falls and a couple of scratches on the fork, carbon tailbox and edge of the seat. Hopefully my attempts to master the art of Cruzbike-ing will go better!

Does anyone know if there's a build list somewhere online for the stock S40 complete from 2018?

Cheers,

-Jack

velocio

BTW, many thanks to 3WHELZ for the original heads up on the for-sale listing. I was running daily searches for S40's on Craigslist (nationally) and eBay, but would have never seen the posting on OfferUp, which I'd never heard of before, if not for 3WHELZ's post.

-Jack

3WHELZ

Guru
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the tribe! Cruzbike has posted three videos on YouTube that may be assistance. Here is a link within the Cruzbike site, https://cruzbike.com/products/s40. I could not locate the information that may have been archived on the previous S40 build list. Perhaps Robert can assist.

Dean

velocio

Thanks for the welcome Dean. I had noticed the S40 videos and will have a look at them. I was looking for the stock build list to determine if my bike was bought as a complete or built up from a frameset. There are some odd / messy issues with the build that I doubt came from Cruzbike. No worries though, sorting those things out gives me a chance to get to know this new steed.

Attached is a photo of the bike as delivered to me. Sharp eyes will notice something not quite right with the T-Cycles rack. ;) I'd never even seen a Cruzbike in person prior to picking this up and mostly I'm very impressed with how "evolved" the product is. One small niggle, the placement of the exit point of the rear brake housing from the frame leaves the cable housing suspended in mid air on its' run to the rear disc. *** Well shoot, I'm unable to upload the photo. Clicking on "upload a file" generates a "page not found error". ***

I have a growing collection of questions, which I'll post elsewhere. The adventure begins …

Cheers,

-Jack
Raleigh, NC

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
That clip-on thing is nice! I used velcro strips to try to tie down some of the cables. Yes they are a little messy looking.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Jack... good purchase. What a 2019 you're going to have. Didn't see the photo.

Welcome and enjoy. You will soon be changing from fear to excitement for sure.

velocio

Thanks for the welcome DavidCH. Sorry about the photo SNAFU, I can't seem to get it to upload to the forum. "Upload a file" just generates a "page not found" error.

I just ordered a couple of the glue on cable guides suggested by Dean (3WHELZ), thanks for the suggestion. I examined photo's of the 2019 S40 and it does look like Cruzbike addressed the rear disk brake cable routing issue with a few brazed on housing guides on the rear "chainstay" (not sure what to call that bit on a FWD bike). Even with my stick-on guides installed, the housing exits the frame much too high for a clean run on the chainstay. From the photos it looks like that was addressed as well on the 2019 S40.

-Jack

Last edited:

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I think the pictures had to be taken with 640x480 resolution to keep it small enough to upload. Most phones don't even have that option.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
...Sorry about the photo SNAFU, I can't seem to get it to upload to the forum. "Upload a file" just generates a "page not found" error....
Hi Jack,

As a spam prevention measure there are a certain number of posts required (10?) before you can typically post links. Maybe one of the moderators or those with better memories than I can weigh in... @ratz, @Lucia.

Welcome to the tribe.

Ben.

velocio

Ben, thanks for the info. Many online forums have rules like you described to try to limit spam, so I bet you're right.

Hopefully this note gets me one post closer to being able to post links and/or images!

-Jack

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I think the pictures had to be taken with 640x480 resolution to keep it small enough to upload. Most phones don't even have that option.
Size up the photo and do a screen capture... that might work