SeaBum 2018

Lief

Guru Schmuru
JimZ is @Jim Zimmerman on the forum.
Couple lessons learned.
1) Some of us don't use Facebook
2) forum posts are an inefficient way to organize/plan events (one of the few things this forum doesn't do well)

So we shared personal email at this event and I'd like to invite anyone (in the Seattle area?) who wants to join our email distro list shoot me a PM.
I'll put you in the loop.

We plan to have 2 or more of these per year going forward.
Side-note: @Jim Zimmerman and I left his Feedback stand in the parking lot and a couple hours later we called Magnusson Brewery; got the host (Kate) and with brief over-the-phone instructions she found it right where we left it.
He retrieved it today. Magnusson Cafe and Brewery for the win!

Thanks for the good advice and great ride-leadership @Robert O

Lief

Guru Schmuru
oh and...for the statistically minded...6 riders and 5+ Cruzbike Models.
L to R
Silvio 1.0; Kickstarter T-50; V20; @Emeljay mod T50; S40, and Q45

Suz

oh and...for the statistically minded...6 riders and 5+ Cruzbike Models.
L to R
Silvio 1.0; Kickstarter T-50; V20; @Emeljay mod T50; S40, and Q45
Yes! I noticed that. I was going to comment on it last night. Sweet line up of Cruzbikes.

Cassowary

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Cruzbike seen and was directed to this thread when I posted an inquiry about test riding a V20. I live in Wallingford in Seattle and was wondering if anyone in the area has a Vendetta and is willing to let me test ride it. I'm 5'8" and have test rode one before but the owner was 6'2" and it made for a very challenging experience since I couldn't reach the pedal on the bottom of the pedal stroke! Thanks in advance!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Cruzbike seen and was directed to this thread when I posted an inquiry about test riding a V20. I live in Wallingford in Seattle and was wondering if anyone in the area has a Vendetta and is willing to let me test ride it. I'm 5'8" and have test rode one before but the owner was 6'2" and it made for a very challenging experience since I couldn't reach the pedal on the bottom of the pedal stroke! Thanks in advance!
Welcome @Cassowary - I'm 5'10" so mine might be sized well enough for you to test.
It has a long chainstay tho so it's VERY horizontal.
If you haven't ridden a MBB FWD bike before then I wouldn't have you start with that one - instead we'd start with my Silvio 1.0 (45 degrees) much easier to learn on.
I'll send you a PM with my contact details and we'll find a time.

billyk

Guru
If you haven't ridden a MBB FWD bike before .... we'd start with my Silvio 1.0 (45 degrees) much easier to learn on.

Welcome @Cassowary , I agree with @Lief that it's easier to learn sitting more upright. Then you can start off just coasting, slightly downhill, and get the feel of the bike and how it handles. Beyond MBB, the weight distribution is unique and takes some getting used to ... but it's worth it!

I have a Q45, even more upright, and I live in Ravenna, a lot closer to you than Lief. If you want to try that send me a PM and we can figure out a time.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of good advice about learning to ride these bikes in this forum. One good thread is http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/spring-time-learning-to-ride-time.10889/
Or in general, look through posts by @ratz . There's a lot of them, but still worth the read.