Searching out the limits on the V20.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@RojoRacing I think Strava missed a few vital stats:

% Ratio of Aerobic/Anaerobic/Neuromuscular/Spicy-Buffalo-Wings-and-Cajun-Fries Zones
% Sphincter Stress Score
% of time over speed limit
# Doughnuts / ride

:emoji_rocket:64.9 mi/h ! :emoji_race_car: or is it :emoji_roller_coaster: I don't think our car has gotten that high in 6 weeks.

HeyMikey

Hitting the Gateway Trail!
For those of you search out the upper limits of speed on your V20, I suggest looking into the benefits of a proper diet

View attachment 9352

Can I assume that the 42 minutes of not pedaling was portions of flying downhill or eating portions of spicy buffalo wings and Cajun fries during a rest stop?

If I could get through a ride like that once or twice a week I think I could start burning off some of my “Milwaukee Tumor” and maybe start slimming down a little bit.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i have not gone over 60 on a bicycle or a trike. and i eat spicy wings and fries......

true faith in the equipment both mechanical and biological.

on a slightly related point, i do know that if i have too much coffee (which is most every day) or i take my albuterol too close to riding a big downhill, i am a lot shakier.

Kufman

All Silvios/Vendetta are 50/50, or 51/49 F/R with any weight rider with a normal body torso height!

I need to measure my setup and see. I have a long torso (my shoulder blades are off the top of my V20 seat) and short legs. Pretty sure my weight distribution will be more tail heavy than most.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I know that for a long time I have used the boom out at full length but honestly if you want the power then shorten that boom so you can heel into every rotation of the cranks with your ankles. Then perhaps you can practice sprinting down into the pedals like a DF pushing side to side.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Your roads may vary.
There are a few two-lane stretches of uphill road scattered around the local riding routes hereabouts
that pitch up enough to require sitting up.
Not sitting up unloads the drive wheel enough to erase any effort, turning drive into tire-grinding.
One section is, probably, ridable by some donut-powered demon-rider, but that rider is NOT me.
As for speed? Everywhere the V goes, no matter what, there's a headwind.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i do not sit forward when climbing.
i lock myself down into my seat and piston power the legs pulling back on the bars.
on 99% of the local climbs, i can stay with the deltas, if not climb a little faster.

BUT, out west on the long slogs, i try and focus on the rotation and pull much lower gears, using my small ring, and i do get down to my 34f 36r 1st gear. i still stay in the seat.

AND, i have my bike set up a little different than some others. i have a wedge for the top quarter of my seat that shapes my seat much like my thor seat on my other bike, and gives my mid back something to push back on. and, i have my handlebars set up so that i have a good bend in my arms all the time. this puts my upper body in action right away, and makes flat sprints more active. you just have to remember to ride elbow in to remain aero, and i give up some aero as most of my head is above my knees.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Those bridges over freeways are good for bicep curls; sitting up and kicking out ... well punchy. Long hills of 5%+.... less rad and more pace

Reactions: 3bs

benphyr

Guru-me-not
As for speed? Everywhere the V goes, no matter what, there's a headwind.
When you are going faster than the ambient wind then no matter what direction you choose will be into the wind. If it wasn’t a V I would say slow down, but Vs don’t listen to that kind of talk.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Has anyone tested their max on flat roads, not downhill? I have a KOM that I keep going back and forth on, and the guy just hit 29.8mph for about 3/4 of a mile. He's also on a $20,000 tri-bike, a lot younger than me, and appears to be a serious cyclist. Haha. Also, any tips on pedal strategies on a V20? I feel like I'm not really maximizing my stroke.