Seat cushion questions

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
https://www.afeonline.com/shop/dynafoam

Probably the type of foam you want
Thanks for the suggestion. I purchased yet another seat from Thor, this time the medium carrier. I wanted better shoulder support. Then I went to REI and bought a foam sleeping mat, cut it up and stuffed it into the Ventist cushion. I road my bike a few 40/50 mile rides and it seems to work pretty well. It's not perfect, like the V20, but I think I can live with it. The ultimate solution is to lose weight, but I can' t count on that happening any time soon. I'm going to stick with this solution for now. If I have problems with it, I'll be back here again. In about a month, I'm starting 2 month tour from SF to Austin via San Diego. That should be a good test.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i used wedge for several years on the v with a ventisit seat. then switched to a thor seat with ventisit pad, but i still use yoga mat supplements where i want a different angle or add padding.
s40 is same. thor seat ventisit pad and yoga mat details.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
i used wedge for several years on the v with a ventist seat. then switched to a thor seat with ventist pad, but i still use yoga mat supplements where i want a different angle or add padding.
s40 is same. thor seat ventist pad and yoga mat details.
I also used the wedge with my V20, but I found the ventist uncomfortable. I used two layers of the stock cushions, which provided a glorious comfort while riding. I can ride 100 miles with zero discomfort. On the S40, the angle causes the upper body weight to bear down on your posterior. If you are light weight and fit, you may not have problems with this. I'm about 250 lbs. I don't think there's a perfect solution out there for me, but over stuffing a ventist seat with padding has helped tremendously. I also got the Thor carrier seat, which provides great shoulder support. The standard seats from Cruzbike and Thor are too narrow and cause irritation to my shoulder blades after long miles. I feel ready to take on another long tour.

Randyc3

I tried the Cruzbike seat wedge for my S40 and felt it made me sit too upright. Made my own which is much thinner but gives me the right amount of support( seems to agree with my back and neck too).

I tried the Cruzbike seat wedge for my S40 and felt it made me sit too upright. Made my own which is much thinner but gives me the right amount of support( seems to agree with my back and neck too).

I agree. IMO, The Cruzbike wedge would work better if is were thinner and not as hard. But I guess you can always cut it but that would take a bit of skill.

Randyc3

Cut left and right sides separately to make the job easier. I have a band saw so I was able to cut the profiles.Using duct tape for now to hold them together. Will eventually bond them together. :). Not very elegant looking, but adds just a bit of elevation and support.

Attachments

• D90F21F1-0DE7-4F45-9DB0-9DFC072F2F0D.jpeg
    D90F21F1-0DE7-4F45-9DB0-9DFC072F2F0D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 150CEC5C-F3BC-4182-B107-327B02DBEFDA.jpeg
    150CEC5C-F3BC-4182-B107-327B02DBEFDA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20