Seat questions (V20c)

piston9

Hey all,

Getting used to this beast - Still not sure about the headrest location (I think it's too high here, but if I move it in it's too close...).

My main problem is the seat 'ends' right between my shoulder blades, and is uncomfortable after about 30-40 minutes...... For reference, the seat on my Ice VTX comes up to my neck, and so supports my shoulders I guess.

Any thoughts on solutions? Will I just get used to it? I'm using the ventsit pad...

I am a taller guy - 6'2", and with a long torso.

One thought was replace the seat - I know Thor does 'larger' seats. Also i know Cruzbike has the adjustable CF seat, but some of the posts here about support at the bottom concern me.

Thanks for any advice\help :D

Attachments

• IMG_4891.jpg
    IMG_4891.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 33

cruzKurt

I don't have a v20c but here is a picture of my v20 that I took recently. I ride nearly 2 hours most days with no seat pain. I am perfectly fine with the stock seat. I would encourage you to give it some time. I am 6'2" also with a long torso. Cruzbike sells an adjustable seat that can be made longer and might help; in my limited experience with Thor, I like the fact that the CB seat is adjustable. It has a lot more adjustment than the stock seat. Adjustable Seat Link Here.

v20 head position.PNG

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I have found that several aspects of the CB fit take getting used to over time. For example, when I was starting out on the V, seven years ago, the front edge of the seat pan didn't feel like it was enough to keep me from sliding off the front, and I was often scootching myself back. But that feeling eventually went away as I kept riding and hasn't crossed my mind in years.

I have also found that headrest placement is important. Even just a little too high, low, forward, or backward can affect overall comfort and how your upper body interacts with the upper part of the seat. At 5'5", I'm at the other end of the size range, but before plunking down for a different seat, I'd keep playing with headrest placement a little longer. You might find that sweet spot yet.

Andreas

Hi Drewe,

as VTX owners we are probably a bit spoiled. The ICE seat is the most comfy thing Iˋve ever sat on.
After the first V20 rides I thought the Thor seat will be the first mod and I have to get it as soon as possible.
Then I abused a utility mount lying around to get my head a little more vertical.
Due to lack of storage, I clamped a spare inner tube onto the seat and tucked arm warmers into the headrest cushion. As a side effect, my upper back and neck is now quite comfortable (until I get a flat tire or my arms get cold). The Thor seat has now slipped way down my priority list.

So I can tell you that small changes in the transition between seat and headrest can make a big difference and you have to test different positions of the headrest gradually (1/2 inch wise).

I'm 6'0'' and have rather long legs and a short torso, but probably these tips might be helpful?

Attachments

• 20221025_185946.jpg
    20221025_185946.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 29
  • 20221025_190007.jpg
    20221025_190007.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 29

piston9

Thanks all - and yes, as a VTX owner, my seat is absolutely amazing on that thing. It's what convinced me to buy one in the first place, I sat on someone elses and was sold!

cruzKurt

For your general information, this morning during my ride I paid attention to the seat and its location. I am pretty sure the top of my Vendetta seat (2019) is right between my shoulder blades. So, you are probably not missing anything, just not such a good fit for you.

BJ686

Where did you get that seat pan extension from? Dont see that as an offered accessory. I have the new adjustable seat for the V20C but definitely think it would help to extend the seat pan a bit.