Seat recline

Kamatu

Now I don't feel so bad. I wasn't happy with the original seat setup, so I moved it back and instead of playing with bending and grinding, I bought a 3/4" pipe nipple, 3/4" street elbow (45 degree), 3/4" to 1/2" bushing and 1/2" pipe nipple. Little cutting and threading together and I have a seat post that fits both the bike and the kit seat clamp. It leans way back and isn't as natural feeling as the original setup, but I have more room in the cockpit and it helped with the steering control.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
You should post a picture it might help someone.I would like to see more conversions with reclined seats. Jack

Kamatu

defjack wrote: You should post a picture it might help someone.I would like to see more conversions with reclined seats. Jack

The bike, the camera and I all together in the daylight has been a hard commodity to track down lately. It should happen tomorrow afternoon though. Unless yet another emergency comes up. Bah, if nothing else I'll take the camera down to my mother-in-law's on Monday.

Of course, then it is sitting down and posting the silly thing, but I'm sure I'll get to it. I have to make it real for Mark. ;)

rearengine

jack! The Silvio seat looks to be reclined about 40 degrees is that right? I think my bike is 48. I like to set it back as well,especially on long rides. take care Bill

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Kamatu wrote: Bah, if nothing else I'll take the camera down to my mother-in-law's on Monday.

Of course, then it is sitting down and posting the silly thing, but I'm sure I'll get to it. I have to make it real for Mark. ;)

You HAVE to keep it real, man!

Mark