Selling 2012 Cruzbike Vendetta (complete bike) on ebay

mjcpas

Selling 2012 Cruzbike Vendetta (complete bike), SRAM Force Group set on ebay. Buy it now price $3,000

Please see link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141057254062?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649

Ian Smith

ebay security

There must be some ebay security setting that is linked to this posting. Your posting doesn't come up in search unless you're logged in.

mjcpas

Thank you - corrected link below

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Cruzbike-Vendetta-complete-bike-SRAM-Force-Group-set-/141057254062?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item20d7aae2ae

adwade

2012 vs. 2013/2014

Are there any differences between the 2012 model and the current production units?

adwade

Thanxx for the reply, now

Thanxx for the reply, now another question. I turned up this chart...

Silvio-Vendetta_sizing.jpg

and wondered just how strict the sizing is? By that I mean I have a 39.5" x-seam, so could I only ride a small frame? If not, would there be any disadvantage to riding a medium?(i.e. adjustments max'd out, etc)

adwade

Eric,Thanxx so much for the

Eric,
Thanxx so much for the heads-up!

One other question, when you stated:

"In this next photo, you can also see where the tip was still binding some when inserted to 7-1/4 inches - this was really more compelling for me to trim a little more so I could make the pedal length even shorter, if needed."

Define 'pedal length'. Do you mean the length of the crankarms or the length from seat out to the pedals? I ask because I prefer shorter crankarms myself (i.e. 150mm-155mm) and wondered how this might figure into your process of shortening the boom? I would figure shorter crankarms would move the BB out farther from you and thus the boom would be slid 'out' a tad more, correct? Whereas, moving the BB in closer to you (i.e. "make the pedal length even shorter") would require sliding the boom 'in' a tad more, right?

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
In that context I was

In that context I was referring to x-seam, e.g. measure from joint between upper and lower seat to the pedal platforms.

So yup TFT = Telescoping Front Tube which is exactly what it does - pull the telescope all the way open and the pedals are farther away, compact it back down and the pedals are closer.

Just take care if you are on the short side like me as the tip of the slider can and will get stuck a bit before the curve of the boom so if you think you are going to come close to maxing the insert, be careful and be prepared to trim the end of the slider as needed.

If you go with shorter cranks then yes you would normally trim less off the slider because the pedals are already closer.

Interestingly, the Quest has 155mm cranks and I'm using 170mm cranks on my Vendetta and I feel more comfortable with the 170s on the V than I do with the 155s on the Quest.

The other thing that is kind of interesting is as I got more familiar with riding the Vendetta and I suspect the same is true for the new Silvio, the more I ended up adjusting the pedals out a bit further away - not much but I seem to ride with a longer x-seam on the Vendetta. Seems like John Tolhurst has made similar observations and comments if I'm remembering correctly.

-Eric