Silvio 12 hour record

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
After stopping a little before the 12-hour mark with 211 miles, Maria Parker not only set the recumbent 12-hour course record for women, but she went farther than any previous female road biker had ever done in the race. She also went farther than any woman on any recumbent bike at any UMCA non-drafting 12-hour event. At Bike Sebring in Florida, which appears to be the place where 12-hour records are set for recumbent male riders, the 12-hour record for a recumbent woman is 137 miles.

Way to go Maria!

JonB

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: After stopping a little before the 12-hour mark with 211 miles, Maria Parker not only set the recumbent 12-hour course record for women, but she went farther than any previous female road biker had ever done in the race. She also went farther than any woman on any recumbent bike at any UMCA non-drafting 12-hour event. At Bike Sebring in Florida, which appears to be the place where 12-hour records are set for recumbent male riders, the 12-hour record for a recumbent woman is 137 miles.

Way to go Maria!
Yeah, congratulation from me too. Was it an official record?

But if she stopped a little before the 12-hour mark, did she really do 12 hours?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
JonB wrote:

But if she stopped a little before the 12-hour mark, did she really do 12 hours?
Thanks JonB
The results should be posted soon. It is official, yes. It is a race for the best distance within a time period, so yes, she did not exceed the alloted time and the result does qualify.

teacherbill

johntolhurst wrote:
JonB wrote:

Thanks JonB
The results should be posted soon. It is official, yes. It is a race for the best distance within a time period, so yes, she did not exceed the alloted time and the result does qualify.

I wonder what the record would be for a conversion? :twisted: :twisted: Sebring isn't that far away ..... :twisted:

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Simply awesome. Congrats Maria!!

I guess I need to get a fire built and get a few bikes sold. I gotta finance a Silvio somehow... :p

admin

Administrator
Staff member
There is a thread at BROL http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51407

and Maria has made a blog entry, where you can lodge your congrats to her: http://cruzbike.com/blogs/maria-parker

There must be some photos around, eh Maria?

Tom Roberts

Maria,

Congrats from me as well. When you have the time could you share some details about the ride? I'm everyone would be interested.

Tom Roberts

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Maria,
Great ride! and very fast!!! What was your riding average speed as your 28 kph total average speed makes us older guys very envious.

How much fresher were you after the ride, than the DD riders, and did you make any sales of Silvios after the race?

Regards

Super Slim

Maria Parker

Administrator
Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure what my moving speed was. I'm trying to keep my average speed up around 20 mph during my training rides. I felt great after the ride - I didn't ask the other cyclist how they felt - I imagine they were numb, I wasn't!