Silvio changes ?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hello Bill,

No changes currently, except for a better system to maintain correct FD angle that we are working on. When this is done, the part will go out to all owners, past and future.

Cheers,
John

cycleguy

Hi John,

Was the "FD angle" change what was discussed before to prevent the chain drag when the BB is moved up? If that's it, that would be great.

Thanks
Harold

defjack

Zen MBB Master
How soon will these brackets be out?I had to go back to a double as the brifter would only shift to 2 chainrings.Got a new left brifter but still couldn't get all three front gears.I will just wait for the adapter and try again. I don't need a triple around here that much but its nice to have. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: How soon will these brackets be out?I had to go back to a double as the brifter would only shift to 2 chainrings.Got a new left brifter but still couldn't get all three front gears.I will just wait for the adapter and try again. I don't need a triple around here that much but its nice to have. Jack

Jack,

Have you tried disconnecting the cable and making sure your derailleur is swinging the full motion? That doesn't make sense that you had your triple and now you don't.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
You could be right .The new brifter came in the day before the Bentup cycle ride so I just put the double on.I know it will work with some fine tuning. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: You could be right .The new brifter came in the day before the Bentup cycle ride so I just put the double on.I know it will work with some fine tuning. Jack

That's where I'd start; make sure the limit screw didn't get messed with, or some kind of grudue holding works up. Then, make sure your cable isn't binding, or the TFT pulley isn't malfunctioning somehow. Which gets you back to the brifter.

Mark

Gromit

Guru
johntolhurst wrote: Hello Bill,

No changes currently, except for a better system to maintain correct FD angle that we are working on. When this is done, the part will go out to all owners, past and future.

Cheers,
John
John

Will the FD bracket fit on a V2 Sofrider/Freerider as well? Or is it specific to the Silvio? Wouldn't mind some lower gears on my Sofrider.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Gromit wrote:

Cheers,
John
John

Will the FD bracket fit on a V2 Sofrider/Freerider as well? Or is it specific to the Silvio? Wouldn't mind some lower gears on my Sofrider.

It's not necessary on a Sofrider as your fd clamps to the TFT, which rotates in conjunction with he BB as you adjust the length. You should be able to run a triple with no issues.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote:
Gromit wrote:

Cheers,
John
John

It's not necessary on a Sofrider as your fd clamps to the TFT, which rotates in conjunction with he BB as you adjust the length. You should be able to run a triple with no issues.
That's not quite true, the boom on both the Silvio, kit and Sofrider/Freerider is aligned with the BB, the FD angle against the ring is always true. The varying angle against the chain coming is what we accommodate. The Silvio solution is a welded in place mounting plate with several different FD mount positions. The Sofrider angle question may come up for very short folks wanting the triple.

Gromit

Guru
I'm pretty short John. My seat is all the way forward.
The boom on my Sofrider V2 is set at five and a half on the scale. Do you think I would have problems with a triple?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote:
That's not quite true, the boom on both the Silvio, kit and Sofrider/Freerider is aligned with the BB, the FD angle against the ring is always true. The varying angle against the chain coming is what we accommodate. The Silvio solution is a welded in place mounting plate with several different FD mount positions. The Sofrider angle question may come up for very short folks wanting the triple.
Right and I forgot about the short people angle being problematic. I was stuck in "long legs mode" and correct me if I'm wrong (again! :oops: ), but the solution in the works for the Silvio will not translate to the other bikes without a clamp on bracket to duplicate the Silvio's mount.

Mark

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I will source a special clamp that rotates the FD back 10 degrees for Sofrider/Freerider and Kit, this will give more room for the tripe/short adjustment combo. I will announce on the forum when it is available.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Gromit wrote: I'm pretty short John. My seat is all the way forward.
The boom on my Sofrider V2 is set at five and a half on the scale. Do you think I would have problems with a triple?
You'll probably be ok, long as you save the small triple for the larger rear cogs, then go to the middle front rather than drive the small cogs off the small chainring.