Silvio cruiser

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Just got back from a shake down ride to check out shifters,brakes and bars.Everything worked just fine.I just have to shim the bars some more.These bars are 25in. wide so there is plenty of knee clearance.Brake levers are Shimano R550.shifters is Shimano Nexus for derailer and an old Suntour friction shifter for cranks. Jack

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Check out Amazon.Niagra cycle has a good selection in steel and aluiminum .I have steel on my Trek 26 and they work just as good and are a little stiffer than the aluminum ones. One reason the work on Cruzbikes so well is the 25in width.There is a lot of room for shifters and knee clearance.The Bacchetta bars are only 18 in. wide. Jack

defjack

Zen MBB Master
On a ride sunday there was a Rans V Rex with B39 bars. They are 23 1/2in wide. I go just as fast with the cruiser bars as the Origin 8. Jack

Alex Apostolou

There's too much about our bikes which is tied up with our personalities to make any post "passive", but given that we are all mature, perfectly well-balanced individuals (with the equivalent of 10,000 hours of therapy under our belts), I'd have to say those handlebars turn the Silvio into a palliative care device. Look, maybe it's that hospital-grade chromium plating, it could be the buxom matronly droop, or perhaps even the way they refer to an annex over an iron-lung, but they seem to want to deny the Silvio its paternal inheritance to fly. As I said, I never belittle, every man needs to feel he has hold of something worthy of his might, but with these new WTB drop-flared-turbo-charged-erectile-ghost-blasters I just fitted (as roundly recommended elsewhere), I feel that the integration of man and machine is now complete.

This is not spam, repeat, this is....

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I have been riding my conversions with cruiser for a couple of years and like them. With the Silvio I have been getting some shoulder pain but not any on the conversion.Now I ride both bikes pain free with cruiser bars.Just put a right Sram Attact shifter and it works as well as the brifters.I set my bikes up for me so dont care how they look. PS my Silvio is not for sale. Jack