Silvio fit

Brewmaster

What is the x-seam length ranges for the Silvio? Also, how do you adjust the reach to the bars?
Thanks,
Brewmaster

Gromit

Guru
Brewmaster

Sadly, I dont have an answer to your questions.

Maybe you could turn your question around and post your X-seam measurement on here? A Silvio owner may have the same X-seam and could confirm whether you would fit the machine. To start you off, I notice that Mark B has a 45 X-seam. :)
I have a Sofrider so I cant be of help here.

Brewmaster

Hey Gromit,
Thanks for the suggestion. My X-seam is 43.5 (short legs, long body), hence the question about the reach. But I'm probably looking at this wrong, because the BB moves away from you as your X-seam gets bigger....I guess I should ask what kind of movement does the handlebar mount allow? Is it fixed front to back, height, etc?
Thanks,
Brewmaster

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Study this picture:

SilvioTosPhoto1024x799.jpg

The front tube has 2 clamps, the upper allows the handlebars to go closer or further from the headtube, the lower allows the pedals to go further or closer to the head tube, thus giving both arm and leg adjustment.

Brewmaster

Hey John,
Thanks for the help! After I posted on the 10th, I watched your video tour of the Silvio (for the first time - I know, I know :oops: ....I should have watched that first....), and I saw how everything works (and why). It is a really well thought out solution for a dual big wheel recumbent. I especially like the foot vs seat height placement and the compactness of the bike....and one is in my near future.
Thanks for the help,
Jamie