Silvio for Sale

2009 SILVIO for sale
Complete bike-built with SRAM Rival and $600.00 in Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels and Continental GP-4000 tires.
Located in Indianapolis, Indiana USA.
Have ridden 1250 miles since early March 2010. 250 miles on the tires. Excellent condition.
Trimmed in red - Handlebar tape, brifter hoods, water bottle cages and red NOKON cable housings.
Has CatEye STRADA Wireless computer with wireless cadence.

1780_78714db23fa8af2a977ed45b453fa93b

1780_87e05abcc52de28dbbf7b56e150fc52b

Sell as Ready to Ride Bike Asking $3000.00 USD ($3900. invested)
or as Frame Set only Asking $1750.00 USD ($2200. new in this website)
Shipping Costs not included--To be calculated extra, according to buyer's location.

Reply in this forum, or e-mail "mr2 at iquest dot net"

Thank you, Larry

wursty

Hi Larry,

I'm interested in the Silvio you have for sale. Why are you selling it? Is the price negotiable?

Chris

Hello Chris,

As you know everything in life is negotiable, except "the time" we die.
Send me an e-mail (mr2 at iquest dot net) with questions or offers.
I have been riding recumbents since early 2008, due to a traumatic dislocation of my thumb causing neurological damage to the left hand.
The SILVIO is a high tech bike that can quickly accelerate and climb, but it does engage use of the arms (and therefore the hands) more than most recumbents.
If I rode less aggressive, the SILVIO would not be for sale, but I "always have to go" as hard, as fast and as far as I can, every time I ride. So the left hand is telling me that the MBB-FWD is not the best for me right now. Thus, the SILVIO is for sale, but I am still putting miles on it every week along with short (30 - 50 mile sprint) club rides on the DF bikes.
Are you close enough for a test ride?

Larry

JO_CONNOR

Could this bike still be for sale?

Larry
Came upon this post while searching for a used Silvio 2.0. Did you sell it back in 2010?

Know anyone else with one to sell? Thanks.

JO Connor

Rposar

Silvio 4 Sale

J O,

Glory707 has a Silvio 1.0 for sale.

Check out his ad in the forum:
http://cruzbike.com/silvio-1.0-1

JO_CONNOR

1.0 vs 2.0 vs 2.1?

Is there someplace that summarizes the differences? Can't tell too much from the pix, except the downward sloping down tube / steering tube thing - these cruzbikes must have their own parts' vocabulary?!

Rposar

Silvio differences

The main difference is the seat angle, the Silvio 1.0 has a seat angle of somewhere around 45 degrees, which makes for a very comfortable commuter bike. The Silvio 2.0 has a lower seat Angle of somewhere around 27 degrees, making it more aerodynamic. It also a slightly different boom, making it a little easier to adjust for shorter riders. There are. Number of other changes, like removable seat, etc. I'm not too familiar with 2.1 changes other than the decals. They are all excellent bikes. The 1.0 version seems like it might be easier for a new cruzbike rider (just my opinion) to get used to riding front wheel drive.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Here is the

Here is the gist.
  • Silvio v1.0 - welded frame, rim brakes only, seat angle about 45 degrees, straight boom, harder to fit to shorter people
  • Silvio v1.5 - welded frame, rim brakes only, seat angle about 45 degrees, curved boom, easier to fit to shorter people
  • Silvio v2.0 - hydroformed frame, rim or disc brakes, seat angle about 27 degrees, curved boom, similar fitment to v1.5

All three offer the option of two sizes of chainstay extensions (100mm and 150mm) to accommodate taller riders. NOTE: At this time the online store indicated the 100mm is out of stock.

All three are designed to take road bike components and typical road bike wheel and tire sizes. E.g. 700c and up to 28mm tires.

-Eric

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
What Eric said.

If you want

What Eric said.
  • If you want a higher seat angle and aren't too short, a 1 or 1.5 will work.
  • If you're shorter and you want a higher seat angle: 1.5
  • Lower seat angle: 2.{0,1}
For what it's worth, of all of the Cruzbike models, the Silvio changed the most drastically between versions.

For me personally, the Silvio 2.x would be the almost perfect bike if you could fit wider tires... :)

JO_CONNOR

Thanks for the comments!

Appreciate the summary of the Silvio version differences! I have been thinking about and looking at all sorts of recumbents over the last couple of - well, years! From observation only, I have pretty much settled on a Silvio as my next ride. I kind of like the 2.X version over the earlier ones, although after your comments, maybe the 1.5 with the 45 seat angle would be good. It will be a few weeks till I place the order as I have to clean out and sell off some stuff in the toy box to make room for this one.

For those on this forum that have owned or currently own other recumbent configurations and brands - are there others out there I should give some thought to? When I first saw this FWD Cruzbike thing, I thought "how odd". But it alleviates my skepticism of traditional recumbents' long long chain, guide tubes, idler pulleys and other drive train mods to keep the familiar rear wheel drive. The more I read, the more I like Cruzbike's FWD concept, and I am willing to invest in the associated FWD learning curve to adapt.

Is the Vendetta something to consider? I'm thinking not for me. Not too interested in the even more aggressive horizontal positioning (V riders look like they're on a luge more than a bicycle). I'm not looking for land speed records or trophies. Looking more for comfort and joy in long distance rides.

I'm pretty pumped about joining your Silvio club soon.

Ivan

Guru
For more comfort on real-life

For more comfort on real-life roads then definitely the Silvio over the Vendetta due to the suspension. The Silvio 2.x is faster than 1.5 due to aerodynamics so you decide whether you want the lower seat angle or not. For me, definitely I wanted that and the 27 deg is perfect for line of sight in traffic while low enough to distribute pressure well. The headrest gives additional options for mounting tailbags, bottles etc.

I don't know myself, cos I am still new to the recumbent world, but for long distances people do say that a lower angle is better than 45 deg due to pressure distribution over the back and less on the buttocks. In Silvio 1.0 and 1.5, it seems that 45 deg seat angle was chosen because it put the rider in the same upper body position relative to legs as a DF rider. Even the drop handlebars in 1.0 pictures are usually pictured with hands on hoods, copying the DF position but rotated backward 90 deg! Silvio 2.0 changes this with proven geometry from Vendetta and other lower reclined recumbents.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
Just to further what Ivan

Hi,

Just to further what Ivan says (as I think he's right on all points):
  • On both my Cruzbikes, I can adjust seat angle. On higher seat angles, I find that my butt gets sore. On lower seat angles, this doesn't happen so easily as more weight is on my back.
  • For most people, the Silvio makes more sense than a Vendetta. The Silvio 2 wasn't out yet for Maria's RAAM choice, but I personally think it would have been a better bike (a little less aerodynamic and a lot more comfortable than the Vendetta). Please note that I've never actually seen either bike in person, so...
Cheers,
Charles

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Actually the Vendetta is

Actually the Vendetta is very, very comfortable but I did notice some sections of the long route that felt rougher than I remembered when I rode it last year on the Quest. The Silvio probably would have felt better on those sections than the Vendetta.

Let me put it to you this way about the Vendetta comfort - I almost fell asleep on the last few laps of the Sebring track and had to shift to a less comfortable position to help stay awake. And it wasn't just because I was tired - the V is really comfy (and wicked fast)... :D

-Eric

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Falling Asleep

The new Silvio is the same way, Eric. It's dangerously comfortable too. I don't know if I'd want to be on that comfortable of a seat when the fatigue really kicks in! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxxxx