Silvio Trunk

jquill

I finally have my Silvio (CBSV-072) on the road. I bought the bike used and made a few changes to match my requirements and taste. Having spent a long time in the military (mostly in logistics and tech support) I hate to ride anywhere without the minimum support resources. I installed an Old Man Mountain rack and wanted something weather proof that was big enough to hold the minimum support gear but I didn't want to put a large trunk bag on the back. I found a Plano waterproof box at the local Gander Supply store which seems to fit the bill. It is approx 8 X 6 X 3 inches and is lined with a very nice rubber liner. It holds a tube, patch kit, road rash kit, basic tools, shop rag, emergency cash, wallet, cell phone, and keys. There's sufficient space left for a couple of Clif bars or ...

Here are a couple of shots:
1614_e7b8b3d6a218bf1a1bc8ddc2b03e127d

and
1614_7f2e052661352a15a9c17aa498f7d2c2

I placed a small piece of rubberized shelf liner between the box and rack to eliminate rattling and hold the box down with a Blackburn strap from my old touring bike setup. There is enough reserve stretch in the strap to add a small stuff sack with a windbreaker or dry shirt. I didn't want to give up a water bottle mount, so I bolted my Topeak mini to the side of the rack. Keeps it out of the way and the rack mount is very secure.

I'm still a bit shaky (have approx 40 miles on the bike so far) but every ride gets better.

John