Snapped Quick Link

vmi1056

Hey everyone,
I’ve never had this happen before but first time for everything I guess. I don’t have a ton of miles on this chain on my Q45 so I’m wondering is this filed under “it just happens from time to time” or is there a bigger issue I need to be concerned about or looking for?

IMG_2441.jpeg

Yikes!
This makes me wonder if the other side was well seated, making one side carry all the force.
I recall riding once (V20) and gradually started to experience the chain intermittently jumping when in certain gears. This progressed to where I decided to inspect the chain. Disconnecting and reconnecting the quick link (Wipperman Connex) fixed it.

vmi1056

Yikes!
This makes me wonder if the other side was well seated, making one side carry all the force.
I recall riding once (V20) and gradually started to experience the chain intermittently jumping when in certain gears. This progressed to where I decided to inspect the chain. Disconnecting and reconnecting the quick link (Wipperman Connex) fixed it.
Thats exactly what was happening when I went on my previous ride, chain jumping when in certain gears, almost felt like a slip. I have replacement links on the way and from this day forward will carry a spare. Appreciate the response.

When I added longer chainstay I had to add links to my chain. I added a Connex link too so that I could easily remove the chain for cleaning. If you go with a Connex link make sure to orient it the correct direction.