Sofrider fail

Sloughmac

I bought my Sofrider lightly used in 2008 and ride it a lot. Luckily the frame fail was such that I could still ride it the 10 km home just leaned back a lot more. It failed at the weld for the seat bolts. The other crack was solved months ago by a longer seat tube. The Kawasaki donor bike was gotten off of craigslist and seems to be almost identical in size to the original. It only took a few hours to switch everything over. It looks a bit better without the giant Kawasaki lettering. Now I'm just waiting for some good weather to give it a longer try and tweek some of the settings.
Sofrider fail.jpg

Sofrider fail 2.jpg

Sofrider frame replacement.jpg

jond

Zen MBB Master
Easy peazy Japanese i. Great stuff.

first crack up I’ve seen like that.

how long does a frame last............

no offence intended.

Sloughmac

I have a feeling that was a bit of a weak spot there but also I come down pretty hard with my 200 pounds sometimes when I jump on to get going so I'll be a bit more gentle from now on. Still, I've only had it for 11 years - that doesn't seem too long does it? I really am impressed that I could just treat it like a conversion kit though.

Easy peazy Japanese i. Great stuff.

first crack up I’ve seen like that.

how long does a frame last............

no offence intended.

Last edited:

thwaters

Wow. I've had my V2 since 2008, about 15,000 miles on it, though I've not ridden it much since I retired four years ago. I've never seen a Cruzbike frame crack like that. I also have a 2012 Cruzbike Softrider (V3?) that I bought used. Ride them both.