Sofrider UK

shrewsbury11

Hi
My last post was taken off the forum. Not sure why can only think it was because I had my email address on it.

What I said was I am very intersested in buying a Sofrider but would like to try before I buy so looking for some kind soul in the UK who would let me have a little go on one to see what its like.
I live in Shropshire but would travel to try one.

Also anyone who has bought one anywhere in the world how did they compare to your normal road bike? Does it take long to get used to riding one? What are the negatives/positives with the Sofrider.

Hope for some feed back.
Thanks
Andy

Gromit

Guru
I wasn't taken off the forum! It was just moved to the right place! "Find a Local". ;) :)
Though I tend to agree with you that posting your email address isn't always the best idea. IMHO It is much better to let folks respond to you by Private Message.

Regarding your supplementary question. You'll find lots of information in the numerous posts under "Riding Technique". :)

shrewsbury11

Thanks for that didnt read down the list of subjects. Didnt realise there was a dedicated heading for for it.
I expect this one to be moved as well.

Angela UK

Quote: What I said was I am very intersested in buying a Sofrider but would like to try before I buy so looking for some kind soul in the UK who would let me have a little go on one to see what its like.

Hi Gromit.

I live in U.K. - south west London/Surrey borders (near Twickenham) and I noticed from the forum there was another Cruzbike owner in my area too!

I have just started learning to ride my Sofrider myself in the last couple of days. In fact, I was so excited about it last night that I couldn't sleep!

I had the same idea about "trying one out" too, but then once I decided that anyone who can ride a conventional bike should be able to ride a Cruzbike, I became committed to the idea and just went ahead and bought one...

I am going to post some more details if I can manage to navigate this forum site, which to be honest, is more of a learning curve for me than learning to ride a Cruzbike!

However, you are welcome to visit and try mine out, or chat on the phone about it or both.

Angela

Gromit

Guru
Angela wrote:
shrewsbury11 wrote: What I said was I am very interested in buying a Sofrider but would like to try before I buy so looking for some kind soul in the UK who would let me have a little go on one to see what its like.

Hi Gromit.

I live in U.K. - south west London/Surrey borders (near Twickenham) and I noticed from the forum there was another Cruzbike owner in my area too!

I have just started learning to ride my Sofrider myself in the last couple of days. In fact, I was so excited about it last night that I couldn't sleep!

I had the same idea about "trying one out" too, but then once I decided that anyone who can ride a conventional bike should be able to ride a Cruzbike, I became committed to the idea and just went ahead and bought one...

I am going to post some more details if I can manage to navigate this forum site, which to be honest, is more of a learning curve for me than learning to ride a Cruzbike!

However, you are welcome to visit and try mine out, or chat on the phone about it or both.

Angela
Hi Angela

Welcome to the Cruzbike forums and welcome to cruzbiking too. :)
Sadly, you have misunderstood. It was Andy from Shropshire shrewbury11 that was trying to find a Sofrider to test ride not me. I hope by now that someone has helped him out with that.
I hope that you grow to love your Sofrider. Good Luck. :)

Angela UK

Quote: Sadly, you have misunderstood. It was Andy from Shropshire shrewbury11 that was trying to find a Sofrider to test ride not me.

Oh well, I said riding the Sofrider was easier than working out these forum thingys! I am new to both! Thanks for your reply!

shrewsbury11

Hi everyone
Thanks for the replies. I have been doing a lot a reading up on the Sofrider and decided to go ahead and order one. I'm off on holiday for the next couple of weeks when I get back I will order one from our Dutch friends.
I will let you all know how I get on.

Regards Andy