SOLD - Cruzbike Q45 custom electric build

Rod Butler

:D agreed. Win for me and for CB.

This will now be my bike to experiment on. Next step... maybe a wheel build with a Rohloff 500/14;)

I have a couple of posts on my Rolhoff setup that might interest you. I drove m'self nuts calculating the correct chainline between chain ring and rear cogs.
Just use a straight edge....Doh! I used the Shimano Zee bottom bracket set up.

While I'm here. As I progress into dotterage, I will want to electrify my S40 and have been looking at,
https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/all-axle-hub-motor.html
...have you come across this? Any thoughts?

Rishi@Cruzbike

I have a couple of posts on my Rolhoff setup that might interest you. I drove m'self nuts calculating the correct chainline between chain ring and rear cogs.
Just use a straight edge....Doh! I used the Shimano Zee bottom bracket set up.

While I'm here. As I progress into dotterage, I will want to electrify my S40 and have been looking at,
https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/all-axle-hub-motor.html
...have you come across this? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the Rohloff info.

Grin Tech (ebikes.ca) would have been my 1st choice to buy the kit from. I was not sure how the Q45 would do, so went with a cheaper option. I will be buying a few things from them soon. The Sempu Torque sensing bottom bracket, the Cycle Analyst 3 and the Phaserunner Controller.

Now that I know what I'm doing... I like their builds because of how programmable and customizable they are. The All Axel Hub looks to have the fantastic specs. I can't wait for my motor to die, hahaha.

The only thing I wouldn't buy from them is the battery. For that EM3EV.com is the place to go.

The S40 electrified... I'm sure Grin tech has battery brackets that can be used where the Under Seat Rack would sit. Or you could do what I did, get the Rack, couple of panniers, and put the battery in one of them.

For me, the ebike has nothing to do with how old or how fit you are. It's the best way to commute, and go for long rides listening to an audiobook (in my right ear only). I'm sure you'll love it.

Rod Butler

Thanks for the Rohloff info.

Grin Tech (ebikes.ca) would have been my 1st choice to buy the kit from. I was not sure how the Q45 would do, so went with a cheaper option. I will be buying a few things from them soon. The Sempu Torque sensing bottom bracket, the Cycle Analyst 3 and the Phaserunner Controller.

Now that I know what I'm doing... I like their builds because of how programmable and customizable they are. The All Axel Hub looks to have the fantastic specs. I can't wait for my motor to die, hahaha.

The only thing I wouldn't buy from them is the battery. For that EM3EV.com is the place to go.

The S40 electrified... I'm sure Grin tech has battery brackets that can be used where the Under Seat Rack would sit. Or you could do what I did, get the Rack, couple of panniers, and put the battery in one of them.

For me, the ebike has nothing to do with how old or how fit you are. It's the best way to commute, and go for long rides listening to an audiobook (in my right ear only). I'm sure you'll love it.

Yeah, the All Axel Hub set-up looks like the business! Back-achya for the battery info :)
In the tradition of a dyed in the wool bike nut, I have another option, don't we all?
I have just reconditioned an Extra Wheel trailer https://extrawheel.com/
...thinking of putting the whole setup on that, then attaching it when I want some push
or swap-over...Mmmm, early days on that idea! Happy Trails

Rishi@Cruzbike

Yeah, the All Axel Hub set-up looks like the business! Back-achya for the battery info :)
In the tradition of a dyed in the wool bike nut, I have another option, don't we all?
I have just reconditioned an Extra Wheel trailer https://extrawheel.com/
...thinking of putting the whole setup on that, then attaching it when I want some push
or swap-over...Mmmm, early days on that idea! Happy Trails

That would be an interesting experiment! If your extrawheel is a 26" setup, you could definitely give it a try. This way you can try both the options and see which one works best for you.
When grocery shopping I'll tow my Burley Travoy trailer, and the e-bike system does just fine pulling the trailer behind me.

Rishi@Cruzbike

UPDATE: It's back for sale. Include the following new upgrades:

1. Soma Handlebar Gator Dirt Drop (installed) -- "Here is your alternative to “alternative drop bars”. It’s wide and takes MTB grips as well as bar tape. The grip area is long; long enough to run grip shifters(including Rohloff) and flat bar levers."

2. DNM Air Shock (not-installed)

Includes the following:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Tailwinds2h

Hi Rishi,

What is your asking price for your Q45? I live up in Washington, so would have to include shipping as well. Thanks.

Rishi@Cruzbike

Hi Rishi,

What is your asking price for your Q45? I live up in Washington, so would have to include shipping as well. Thanks.

Hi, I'll have to buy the XL box from ShipBikes.com. I'll take care of it all for the $2500, but will need you to send the box back to me.

upload_2020-8-14_15-30-44.png