[SOLD] Cruzbike Vendetta V20 with Zipp 404 wheels & much more

Photos here:

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/zachlerner/library/

This is a Cruzbike Vendetta V20 in close to new condition, with less than 1,000 miles. It rides great and is extremely fast! It has nearly every accessory available:

-Candy apple red frame, it may have never been assembled previously
-Medium length chainstay
-2 handlebars, one is a 42cm Salsa Woodchipper II, the other is a 40cm Salsa (not sure of the model, it’s more of a standard drop bar, and it’s my favorite)
-SRAM Force 10-speed groupset*, crankset is 172.5mm length, 53-39 front rings, 11-28 cassette
*Rear brake was switched out for a Ciamillo Zero G titanium brake, as the Force brake is too tall to work in the upper position with the Moose Pack
-Zipp 404 wheelset (aluminum rim, great braking power)
-Spare Alex DA28 wheelset
-Vittoria Corsa G+ tires, 700x28c front, 700x25c rear
-Carbon Fiber Race Case with Cruzbike bottle cages on the sides. Seat is also tapped for bottle cages, so you could hold carry up to 6 bottles (7 if you put a bottle cage on the boom mount as well)
-2 seat pads: standard & Ventisit (plus my preferred camping pad under-layer)
-Moose Pack
-Scarab Bag, brand new
-Profile small bag
-SPD or Look pedals if you want them
-Zefal Spy mirrors if you need them

$3800 with packing, shipping & insurance included.

Last edited:
Why are you selling it? Where are you located? TY

Great question, thank you for asking! The gist is that we have put our house up for sale, and we are undertaking a big change in life and financial strategy. Part of this involves cutting out things that we 'like' but don't use quite as much. For my wife, this may involve selling a whole garage-full of materials from a currently defunct business. For me, part of it involves picking my favorite hobby "toys" (though fortunately bikes are quite useful in real life too), and letting the others go to people who will appreciate them more fully. The M5 is turning out to be my favorite, it just "checks the most boxes" of the things that make me love recumbent riding (and bike riding in general). If the V20 sells, great, if not I will still have this wonderful machine to enjoy as well...

Also, location is Houston, TX.

Jeffrey Palter

thanks for the info. understood, downsizing is never a bad thing IMHO...i've got a bit to do of that myself come oct 1, having just moved into a new residence. that being said, i'm looking to do a disc brake v20 build. good luck with the sale (and move!)

Just FYI this one is totally disc brake ready. If you wanted to make a deal for the bike with no wheels or brakes, I would certainly be open to that.

Bump with another price drop! I rode the bike close to 80 miles this morning, it’s still a lot of fun, even got to ride with a local pro cyclist.

Just have been editing the original post each time, keeps everything clean & clear, that’s how it’s normally done on another recumbent site that's been around for decades. It was $4200, then $4k, now it’s less than a stock new bike, even with easily $1k+ worry of accessories (including the Race Case which is out of stock), plus higher end components. Are you interested?

Last edited:

Katron

Great meeting you this weekend!

I bumbled around with the bike in a parking lot for about 10 minutes until I realized I needed to adjust the boom (long arms). I was not able to take off from a dead stop, but pedaling and handling became pretty straight forward.

Poor technique while turning feels a lot like poor technique when you are riding a DF on rollers. Increasing your cadence seems to stabilize you in both cases.

My giddiness may cause me to be sick on Tuesday! I mean ☹️