SOLD - Silvio S40 - $2800 - South Anchorage, AK

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Found on Craigslist,

SOLD

00808_5rDjg6ZGWjH_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

orind

Yep--that one is mine. Love it, but I also was seduced by a sexy Felt Gravel bike that was on clearance at the local bike shop, and there is only so much room at the inn (so my wife has told me).

I am trying local right now, but if it does not go, I will post on here. I figure for the cruzbike forum folks 3k shipped (shipping runs about $250). I have the ventisit pad, scarab bag, and sling bag.

I also need to find a box if I am going to ship since I used the box the S40 came in to ship my Rans Rifle.

Not an easy decision--it really is a fast fun ride, but the Gravel bike ticks more boxes for the overall riding I do.

orind

Felt the bicycle company--
I still very much enjoy riding my upright bikes in addition to recumbents. For off road and winter I ride a Trek Farley EX8--full suspension fat bike with 27.5x3.8 tires. This being Anchorage Alaska, that is November 1 -April 10 for snow riding, and June through October for mountain biking.

The Gravel bike really fits a nice niche up here. The ability to run a wider road tire and easy on/off fenders is a winner. My local shop had a 61 inch frame (I am a taller person) 2016 Felt V85 on clearance for $900--that was hard to pass up.

I put the S40 up locally because I figured there really is no one up here looking for an S40 so I can look like I am trying to sell it, but still keep it--but, If a buyer turns up locally, then I am fine selling.

My wife really is good about it, but I do agree with her that 2 road bikes is a little excessive.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Someone should fl up there, buy it and ride it back home. That would be an adventure worth writing about especially if you live in Florida.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Felt the bicycle company--
I still very much enjoy riding my upright bikes in addition to recumbents. For off road and winter I ride a Trek Farley EX8--full suspension fat bike with 27.5x3.8 tires. This being Anchorage Alaska, that is November 1 -April 10 for snow riding, and June through October for mountain biking.

The Gravel bike really fits a nice niche up here. The ability to run a wider road tire and easy on/off fenders is a winner. My local shop had a 61 inch frame (I am a taller person) 2016 Felt V85 on clearance for $900--that was hard to pass up.

I put the S40 up locally because I figured there really is no one up here looking for an S40 so I can look like I am trying to sell it, but still keep it--but, If a buyer turns up locally, then I am fine selling.

My wife really is good about it, but I do agree with her that 2 road bikes is a little excessive.

N+1 = never an excess unless you don’t ride them. Your mission to keep your s40.

I’ve got eight bikes just in case suddenly. Love my fat bike on sand. My wife still loves me despite the ........ obsession.

Rough ground needs leg suspension.

But the cruzbike is better steed than any df I have and at half the price.

Df sexiness is boringly overrated they’re all the same good looking pain in the butts lol.

Gimme fast sexy hot different mmmmmmm vendetta Love.

Reactions: Suz

orind

Everyone makes their own decisions about bikes, space, money, priorities--but yeah--it really comes down to it not being ridden. Now, that may change if the weather perks up a bit here--been rather overcast/drizzly, and the DF is my preferred ride in the damp weather.

The other factor I find is the inability to shift weight (think bunny hop)-- makes the imperfect pavement more of a challenge--had a few bumps get me thinking about adding a seat belt to the S40 (well, I could have taken them at slower speed)--bounced myself out of the seat and had to reposition a bit when I came back down.

orind

So--Listing here for sale. Shipping estimate with Bikeflights is $200 (shipping from Alaska is expensive), so, $3,000 shipped. PayPal accepted.
In excellent condition-never dropped/crashed.
Purchased as a complete build originally

Sram Rival, Sram GX
34/50, 165mm cranks
11-36 cassette
TRP Spyr disc brakes.
Ventisit seat pad plus original seat pad
Scarab bag and sling bag

0d28db_67544ab793094a17b9612f6b8e011086~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg

0d28db_dacc5c4529614b67a9013cefdadf5e4e~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpeg

0d28db_fc06311b97c04a5298304b698f67eaad~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg

0d28db_d546e06a1966412eb6900ec95f7bda35~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg

0d28db_fc06311b97c04a5298304b698f67eaad~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg

orind

I forget what me x-seam is, but I am 74.5 inches tall with a 33 inch inseam...there is room for longer legged folks and I have had a much shorter person ride it (after adjusting)

Reactions: Suz

Suz

That’s close to my inseam. When you said you were tall I thought maybe the front boom was extra long.
Hey, I may be interested if you’re willing to box it up and ship to Idaho.