SON Dynamo and V20 c

FlockiBF

Hello,

has anybody tried to combine the V20c with the german SON28 dynamo and - even better - the german Supernova front and rear lights ? This would be very helpful.

Greetings from the Black Forest ( one of the reasons why I think about a cruzbike ....)

FlockiBF

Henri

scatter brain
What would be your consideration? Make sure to get the through axle dynamo for the current gen V20 und los geht's? Cable needs to be run externally without any mounting points. Hope you don't have to run a cable from the dynamo in the back to the headlight in the front, to the rear light at the back, but that wouldn't be totally catastrophic, either. Greetings from the north (don't know any famous landscape name right for my area… Just "east of Hamburg" or "right before the old border" XD )

Velocivixen

Greetings from the forests of the Great Pacific Northwest (OREGON, USA). Since we’re in forested areas. There is something about being surrounded by huge green trees. From an airplane western OREGON looks like green velvet.
If you go this route please post a photo.

Robertas

Hello,

has anybody tried to combine the V20c with the german SON28 dynamo and - even better - the german Supernova front and rear lights ? This would be very helpful.

Greetings from the Black Forest ( one of the reasons why I think about a cruzbike ....)

FlockiBF
Hi, I have built a wheel with SON28 dynamo, front headlamp B&M and rear light. My bike V20 and wheel is QR, not a thru axle, but it is a question of dynamo type.

Attachments

• IMG-1132.jpg
    IMG-1132.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27

cruzKurt

@Derek Has the Son Dynamo with a SineWave headlight on his v20c. I am getting to order my Son Dynamo and relace my rear wheel. Waiting on shipment of my sinewave headlight.

celerator

Here are some measurements : SONdelux in a 24inch wheel. Usually operating in a Cruzbike T50
We record the energy, resp. power taken out of the rotating, i.e. freespinning wheel.
Top to bottom: purple: SupernovaTripleE3, red: some other headlight,orange: 200Ohm load, no load (3 curves).

Attachments

• power.png
    power.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Derek

What would be your consideration? Make sure to get the through axle dynamo for the current gen V20 und los geht's? Cable needs to be run externally without any mounting points. Hope you don't have to run a cable from the dynamo in the back to the headlight in the front, to the rear light at the back, but that wouldn't be totally catastrophic, either. Greetings from the north (don't know any famous landscape name right for my area… Just "east of Hamburg" or "right before the old border" XD )
That’s exactly what I did and it’s really not a big deal. The photo shows where I have a velcro strap holding the wire by the rear wheel axle and some electrical tape on the frame in front of the seat pan. Rear wheel to front light to back light. Also have a usb port in the front light which I have a cable plugged into, run through the inside of the v20c boom to the handlebars for my garmin/iphone/headphones/whatever. It’s great.IMG_3264.jpeg

Attachments

• 64660783.jpeg
    64660783.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited: