spinburn genki and solo small wheel donor frames

hamishbarker

Although they are really too expensive to use as donor frames, I think these two perhaps slightly Brompton-inspired small (20 inch) frames could make interesting conversion projects. They are made by spinburn, who also seem to make the performer brand recumbent frames. Both have a folding rear triangle (hinges around under the bottom bracket in a similar style to the moulton folding bikes). The long head tube means that the resulting front drivetrain triangle and handlebar system could be quite stiff, since there wouldn't need to be a long steerer tube sticking up above the top headset bearing.

The low top tube and what would be a bottom bracket positioned higher than seat and well forward could be good for aero (although I guess still wouldn't be a laid back seat).

Flying furniture in Australia has one of the genki bikes but with disc brakes not v brakes. Can't seem to find anyone else with them outside taiwan.

The solo has a headshock like the old softrider/quest forks, and a nice built-in rear and front rack (front rack would have to go because of knee room.). Although the pictured one has disc brakes (no good for conversion) it looks like the fork has the bosses for V brake posts, so could possibly work for conversion.

But I guess it would be cheaper to buy a quest.

genki-1.jpg

DSC06897.JPG