SRAM FORCE AXS SHIFTER ISSUE

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Any idea on what to do when the right shifter won't respond?

I went through the prescribed wake up process for each individual device (FD, RD, LShifter...) and everything came up with a connect option in the SRAM AXS app and works perfectly except for the right shifter. The battery shows full. I was able to update the firmware for the FD, RD, LShifter...but not for the R Shifter. The R Shifter doesn't respond at all. I don't even see the green light when I press the button on the shifter paddle to check the battery status. Left shifter works fine if I press that button I get a flashing green light momentarily.

It seems that I am unable to pair the R Shifter so I am at a loss about what to do. This is very frustrating. I've had this V20c for about a week now and haven't been able to ride it yet. It is a lightly used bike and I'm now thinking that the R Shifter was damaged during shipping.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:

CruzRider

I would replace the battery to start with. At a minimum, take it out and put it back in. It is just a CR2032.
The battery indicator in the app is not reliable.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
CruzRider,

You win today's door prize! This is my first experience with wireless and I was unaware that the SRAM app was unreliable in reporting the battery status. Your recommendation was the next step on my list of things to do so I thank you for verifying that. Thank you for your wisdom and assistance, I bow before you in honor. :cool:

1697298888838.png

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Hope you got it sorted Always-Learning. I have SRAM Force AXS on my V20, and while I use the wireless blips for shifting instead of the brifters, I absolutely love the groupset.