Suitable wheels for high pressure tyres?

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Well, Doug,

Seems you are working with a straightforward and up-front supplier; they really seem to have your best interests in mind.

Single-wall rims are good for about 65 psi on average; any more and you start exploring whether the variation in rim weldling and extruding were on your side that day.

I'd build the bike up with the wheels and tires you're getting; you may find that those aren't the first things you'll want to upgrade once you start going fast like Mark.

If I understand them to be offereing you an upgraded high-pressure rim for ten pounds, will they extend that offer after you've purchased the bike?

I think you'll be pleased with the bike you build from this platform. Let uns know if you run into any challenges.

Best,

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote: I'd build the bike up with the wheels and tires you're getting; you may find that those aren't the first things you'll want to upgrade once you start going fast like Mark.

Awwww, gawrrrsh...... :oops: I never knew you cared! :lol: :lol:

Mark

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hardtailcruzer wrote:
Single-wall rims are good for about 65 psi on average; any more and you start exploring whether the variation in rim weldling and extruding were on your side that day.
I had an ostensibly knowledgeable person claim the rims on the Sofrider and Freerider V1 were single wall, when in fact the were double wall in the section behind the braking surface. It was not a large enclosed cross section, but it was certainly double walled.