Suspension and Ride

Kamatu

I'm plotting ahead to two potential hardtail builds (which may get no further than potential) to solve a problem I have. Interestingly enough, with the FWD, I'd think a good front suspension might be enough, especially if I bias the weight (i.e. me) a bit more forward. But to even out the ride on the backside, what would be wrong with rolling a wider low PSI tire on the rear to take some of the road noise out? AFAIK, it wouldn't compromise performance enough to matter except possibly not having the rear suspension to keep the weight forward on the drive wheel. Oh, when I say performance, I don't mean speed or racing, just normal cruzin for shopping, visiting, etc. Big hills are not an issue, there are a couple with real steep grades, but all can be bypassed trivially, so we are talking about a few percent of grade.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Check out my Cannondale Cruzbike.Its a hardtail and rides pretty good.Im using 1.25 80lb Forte city sliks front and back and its only a little slower than the Silvio.The only problem I see with some hardtails is the frame design puts the seat too high.Mine is 29in which is about the limit for me at least. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I'll vouch for the C-Dale, it rides pretty darned good. You notice the stiff rearend, but not adversely.

Mark