T50 with a Thor seat

psm0115

BBB1EAEC-57B7-4404-99A0-18E8CEC604AF.jpeg 2784A856-3077-4C13-A564-5339FD649E1E.jpeg
Three layers of yoga mats laminated together with lumbar support added. The black layer is a bit softer than the blue. This really helped. No back pain after my ride yesterday.

psm0115

7F8CEF37-2F8B-4537-805F-F3221ECE2AE1.jpeg 73549F7A-8462-422A-9EFD-F673051E4BF6.jpeg
Laminated three pieces of a yoga mat together. Black layer is softer than the blue. Lumbar support added. Worked very well. No back pain after my ride yesterday.

Sorry if this comes across as a repeat post. Not sure the first went through.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Wow, that's really nicely done! The structure reminds me of the seat on my old Challenge Hurricane - Challenge seats were aluminum, but similar in concept, and certainly comfy.

I tried looking at your old threads, but as far as I can see there's no write up about the seat. I bet a lot of others would be curious to see more pics/description of the build too!

Sorry I have not posted my seat build here. My bike is a not a genuine cruzbike and posting pictures here may confuse cruzbike customers.

I have started a new thread here:

https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/custom-wood-strip-composite-seat.12398/

bhave

My profile picture is for my earlier bike built from a V2/K frame. I had my positioning dialed just right for century rides. The T50 is my least favorite bicycle because of the seat position. My butt just goes numb after 8 miles in the stock position. I have cut the supports down in length, and mounted the supports to the highest point of the stock seat back. This only gets me to 20 miles before numbness takes over. I think I'll contact Thor.

rx7mark

Guru
My profile picture is for my earlier bike built from a V2/K frame. I had my positioning dialed just right for century rides. The T50 is my least favorite bicycle because of the seat position. My butt just goes numb after 8 miles in the stock position. I have cut the supports down in length, and mounted the supports to the highest point of the stock seat back. This only gets me to 20 miles before numbness takes over. I think I'll contact Thor.

I had the same issues at about 20 miles or so with the stock seat, no matter how I modified it or added additional padding. The Thor seat completely eliminated the problem, but I had to lean it back a little farther than stock also to get the relief I wanted. I especially love the Thor's lumbar support, but some folks think it is too much. I can ride a century now without issues. You can see my seat angle in this thread, or my profile pic, its about 34 degrees in the middle portion of the seat. This was the right compromise for me, YMMV.

Mark

rx7mark

Guru
I'm considering this seat. I like that it has a low folded edge for rigidity, and less pronounced stiffeners along the bottom. I'm guessing it will mount better. Plus colors! :)

Looks interesting, but wouldn't fit me for size. Let us know how it works out, and how you like it, if you order one.

Mark

benphyr

Guru-me-not
And check into shipping. Thor is next door in Poland I believe and his website says air shipping is not currently an option so shipping is by ship ⚓️ and quite slow ~= 1-2 months if I recall.

Bikenutjay

I just purchased an new to me T 50 and I have a older Ice trike carbon seat.
Does anyone know if it will work on the T 50 ( tried to adapt it )
I may do the seat mods first To see if that works
If not I will do the seat change with the Thor or Ice tike Seat that I have .
Also has anyone tried the Rans frame clamp to install their seats .
The frame looks to be 1 “1/2 to 2”” tubing . Both sizes available from Rans
The Bacchetta frame is an oval so I know that it will not work ( I have a spare clamp)
thanks Jay

Last edited:

Bikenutjay

I will try to get some pictures of it today and post them .
I ride a lot of days a week so I got the T 50 to ride in the neighborhood on the Trails and bike lanes that we have the V just doesn’t do well on the trails around the neighborhood.
Just trying to avoid recumbut!
Thanks Jay

Bikenutjay

80AE5C85-6E1B-46D8-B1BE-D4AF7EA7D011.jpeg D865CDBE-8935-476C-8C20-0922FAEE3E19.jpeg

Attachments

• D7E3EF1C-3380-456B-8E52-04D37819BB6B.jpeg
    D7E3EF1C-3380-456B-8E52-04D37819BB6B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • FBE69846-0B1F-4A35-9FFD-26E974602FD6.jpeg
    FBE69846-0B1F-4A35-9FFD-26E974602FD6.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 071C0DB5-B757-421C-92DB-AF0E78CBEBFC.jpeg
    071C0DB5-B757-421C-92DB-AF0E78CBEBFC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

rx7mark

Guru
I just purchased an new to me T 50 and I have a older Ice trike carbon seat.
Does anyone know if it will work on the T 50 ( tried to adapt it )
I may do the seat mods first To see if that works
If not I will do the seat change with the Thor or Ice tike Seat that I have .
Also has anyone tried the Rans frame clamp to install their seats .
The frame looks to be 1 “1/2 to 2”” tubing . Both sizes available from Rans
The Bacchetta frame is an oval so I know that it will not work ( I have a spare clamp)
thanks Jay
You should be able to cut the aft end of the T50 seat mount off with a hacksaw, and just mount the forward portion with 4 bolts to your seat. That's how I did my mount illustrated at the beginning of the thread.

I had to make the upper mount out of aluminum plate stock. But it was not too hard. Hacksaw, file, hammer and a drill did the job on my Workmate.

Looks like a nice seat, very similar to the Thor. Good luck, and please post pictures.

Mark

Bikenutjay

You should be able to cut the aft end of the T50 seat mount off with a hacksaw, and just mount the forward portion with 4 bolts to your seat. That's how I did my mount illustrated at the beginning of the thread.

I had to make the upper mount out of aluminum plate stock. But it was not too hard. Hacksaw, file, hammer and a drill did the job on my Workmate.

Looks like a nice seat, very similar to the Thor. Good luck, and please post pictures.

Mark
I will do my best to take pictures and document what ever I end up doing .
I may do the seat mod and see if it works for me first and see if the Rans seat clamp will work for ease of adjustment also .
And ex eye bag mount from the Bacchetta , and I have a set of handle bars I took off the Bacchetta years ago that may work on the T 50 also .
Jay