Tacoma?

Robert C

Or greater Seattle area. Just picked up an S-30 and looking for advice re: fit and (once I am more safe on 2 wheels) someone to go for a ride with.

billyk

Guru
Welcome @Robert C !

Tag me here anytime, or send a PM (private message, also called"conversation" in the menus). I live in NE Seattle.

I ride a Q45, rode a Quest 559 before that. Most of my riding is commuting (pre-pandemic). If you want to ride in the rain like I do, there are a few homemade fairing designs (me and @Tortue , for two). I'm not a fast rider ...

You will find that CBs have more adjustments than most bikes. That's a good thing, but it may take a while to explore the "solution space" as we say in the physics biz.

Also, yup, there's a learning curve. Find like a million discussions of this here. I recommend @ratz ' techniques (can someone point to his specific posts, please?) Basically be gradual, practice in a large parking lot. Most of us found that we could stay upright pretty quickly, but being comfortable mixing it up with traffic takes a while.

Other Puget sound area riders include @Lief @rx7mark , @RobertO, the ones @Lief mentioned, and a few new ones.

Here's a photo of 6 of us in a group ride in 2018 (at Magnuson Park on L Washington).
EF156ABF-F4D0-49EF-92EE-055B29770572.jpeg

Robert C

Thanks all for the support- used the rainy day yesterday to mess around with fit. I am eager for the next ride.

It may be spring, but I’ll be reaching out when I feel safe to leave the parking lot for a longer ride.

Attachments

• 28FE9EDC-DBCD-4445-BD22-80747EEBC50D.jpeg
    28FE9EDC-DBCD-4445-BD22-80747EEBC50D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Robert C - I’m recently pretty infrequent on the forums but always interested in a meetup ride. Send me a PM if you get anything on the books. And welcome!

I have no proof but I think the Seattle area is one of the most dense with Cruzbikers around.