Test

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Victor,
I sent you a

Hi Victor,

I sent you a PM.

Let me know if you get it (respond by PM first).

Then try PMing me from this post...

Cheers,
Charles

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
So Victor can both send and

So Victor can both send and receive PMs. Good.

It sounds like he got worried because of the error message that he (and I) get when sending them:

Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists.

The PMs do go out regardless, so I'm not sure why the error message appears.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
You've got mail!

What appears to be happening is when that error message displays, the email notification to the other addressess in the PM doesn't seem to go out but the PM contents do get posted into the site's datastore.

You know, the email from sales@cruzbike.com with subject New private message at cruzbike.com . This email notice doesn't always seem to get to me when someone sends me a PM as I would sometimes find I have PMs waiting that I didn't get a notice for.

So now I've made a habit of periodically clicking on the top right number thingy on the web page. For example, mine right now is showing 18 / 7 with the overlapping people outline next to it. This takes you to cruzbike.com/user with results being displayed based on if you are logged in or not. If you are logged in you can then go to the MY Messages section and then click on Inbox messages and check to see if there are any " New " flags.

-Eric

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Eric,
I think you're

Hi Eric,

I think you're right. I in fact had a PM that I never saw before in my inbox (from either earlier this month or last month - can't remember now).

That's the first PM for which I don't remember getting an email notice (although I've been getting the warning message for a while).

In any case, hopefully John has enough info to ask his web people waz-up ... :D