The Cruzeum -- is Opem

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Cruzeum Banner.jpg

I have begun work on a 50x20 bonus room to my house for the Cruzeum.
Hoping to be done by this summer.
Doing virtually all of it myself, so no time for riding the last 2 months. :(

Gayle can't wait for me to finish so she can get all the bikes out of the other rooms in the house.

Here is a list of the Cruzbikes I have so far:
#ModelVersionColor
1Cruzbike KitMongooseBlue
2FreeRider1Silver
3Magic (Prototype)short wbBlack
4Magic (Prototype)long wbBlack
5Q451Light Green
6Quest1Orange
7Quest2Orange
8QX1001
9S301white
10S402021Blue
11Silvio2.1Black
12Silvio2.1Black
13Silvio 1.01Black
14Silvio 1.51.5Black
15SofriderV2Blue
16SofriderV1Grey
17T501Orange
18T501Black
19T50e1
20V201Gold
21V20C1Silver Prototype
22V2K1
23Vendetta2.1Yellla
24Vendetta1Yella
25Vendetta1.5Yella
26Vendetta2Yella

Donations always welcome!
Larry

LarryOz

Many have noticed that I have not been on Zwift or Strava for several months. This has been the longest time off my Cruzbike since I got my first one 8 years ago. Problem is that I am working roughly 6am-6pm doing heavy labor. I tried riding early when I first started but I was just too tired to be safe.

This 2nd floor bonus room will be roughly a 50'x20' room with sloped ceiling to 11', with a bathroom at the back corner.
This will house my bike shop, trainer room and the Cruzbike collection (Cruzeum) (and who knows maybe even a wind tunnel
- haha)
I am also building a 28x10 shop under one corner of the bonus room. The existing garage and laundry room on the 1st floor are also under the bonus room

Major steps to the project:
build interior stairwell and lift portion of attic for headroom
demo the garage, attic floor above garage, garage ceiling, and laundry area roof
build shop, move AC unit, and meter base
install I-joist and floor of bonus room
Frame walls and roof
Install shingles
Install siding and trim
Electrical, Plumbing, Insulation
Sheetrock, interior trim, bathroom, doors, and finish flooring.
Note: I was going to do all of it myself, but I ended up sub'ing out the slab because the concrete plants would not sell to me.
I am also sub'ing out the framing since our daughter moved her wedding from May to Feb and I needed to get the all the bikes up there and out of the house

Below are some photos of the project as it has progressed.
Gayle wanted me to build the interior part first and get it finished before Christmas, so that is why it seems backwards.

If you want to follow me and see more pics, you can seem them on my google photo album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u3TP4SV7LgYQ5Sk47

Here are also a couple of videos I have shot with the DJI Mini Drone my son surprised me with on my birthday
2023-01+16 update:
2023-01-13 update:

stairs 99%.jpgshop slab ready for pour.jpgstairs rough.jpgstairwell roof complete.jpgstairewll roof framing.jpghole in roof for stairwell.jpgattic framing.jpgDining Room wall.jpghardwood floor repair.jpgstair stringers.jpg

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I find it difficult to look at those pictures. All that work is traumatic. Larry is amazing. I just wish the Cruzeum could have had my Silvio.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
1. larry has more MBB FWD recumbent bikes than i do. i surrender.
2. here in flyover, its always a special moment when the shop exceeds the size of the house. i suppose in HH, this is as close as zoing will allow!

Bill Wightman

Here is a cool video of inside and outside
I was screaming "look out for the string!" and expecting a wind-up and crash. You have the 3D sense down pretty good. I always declined to fly my son's RC airplanes as he was growing up. He needed the experience and I did not want to crash them.

CuHead

About a year ago I was too slow to buy #13 as a spare Cruzbike 1.0. I wore out many parts on my 1.0 and put it aside. Now I've rebuilt with new cassette, 2 chains and quick links, Continental Gatorskins and tubes, brake pads, derailleur cables and rear pulley wheels, rear wheel, Mirrycle bar end mirror, and I've had it out a few times. Even this old 1.0 is fast. Nice Cruzeum. Flyover didn't show bike rack outside for visitor parking? :)

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
View attachment 14303

I have begun work on a 50x20 bonus room to my house for the Cruzeum.
Hoping to be done by this summer.
Doing virtually all of it myself, so no time for riding the last 2 months. :(

Gayle can't wait for me to finish so she can get all the bikes out of the other rooms in the house.

Here is a list of the Cruzbikes I have so far:
#ModelVersionColor
1Cruzbike KitMongooseBlue
2FreeRider1Silver
3Magic (Prototype)short wbBlack
4Magic (Prototype)long wbBlack
5Q451Light Green
6Quest1Orange
7Quest2Orange
8QX1001
9S301white
10S402021Blue
11Silvio2.1Black
12Silvio2.1Black
13Silvio 1.01Black
14Silvio 1.51.5Black
15SofriderV2Blue
16SofriderV1Grey
17T501Orange
18T501Black
19T50e1
20V201Gold
21V20C1Silver Prototype
22V2K1
23Vendetta2.1Yellla
24Vendetta1Yella
25Vendetta1.5Yella
26Vendetta2Yella

Donations always welcome!
Larry
Mummamia.... I think you will have to start building the extension

LarryOz

Progress has been slow - tweaked my left knee and I can hardly walk. Finally going to an Orthopedic tomorrow as it is not getting better.
Still have to get this sheetrock sanded, primed and painted. . Putting Tongue and Groove pine on the ceiling.
I did manage to get the shower tiled last week. It I can get my knee back working, hoping to be totally done by the end of the month. The outside is totally finished at least - and then there is the shop and garage to finish too20230512_190138.jpg 20230601_093459.jpg
20230606_143545.jpg

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Holy crap larry.

make sure you add a full suite and a parking space in the driveway and then you can open the cruzeum air b and b and traing center.

Forget the NCC, Let’s go to larrys house….