There is a way to get a kick stand and have the under seat rack. It’s called a click stand.

TylerWayne

I honestly wish there was an affiliate link to the website when you first buy the bike, the click stand is objectively more stable for loaded bikes. Not having to lose a kickstand feature really makes the choice of buying the under seat racks a no brainer

David Saxton

@Mathew Fry - this is a little off topic, but are you running MTB grips, levers, and shifters on a drop-bar Cruzbike? I'm interested in how you sorted that out... it looks pretty cool, and I've not seen anyone else doing it.

I've been interested in Cruzbikes for a while now but, actually, one big turn-off for me has been the insistence on building the performance models up using road brifters, which to me are overpriced and finicky especially if you're trying to create a hydraulic-brake 1x system. Plus, isn't the whole point of brifters and drop bars to allow you to get into an aero tuck but also have a resting position on top on a DF bike? I've never understood why that set-up would be beneficial in a recumbent, where you're always in your aero position and your hands don't really take up any of your body's weight...

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
David, I have tried a few different bar systems, drop bars with road brifters, bullhorns with bar end shifters, and finally settled on a Deda Tribar with bar end TT brake levers, and SRAM AXS Wireless Blips. Initially I was able to wrestle on some golf grips over the thick handled Deda Bars, but they eventually failed. In the pic below the AXS shifters are on the inside of each handle, but now they are on the top, and I use a black bar wrap. I think my setup is quite a bit lighter than drop bars because the AXS shifters and TT brake levers are lighter than the brifters, and there is a little less bar on each side, but the tradeoff is that the drop bars are almost certainly more comfortable to hold. I like to believe my setup is a little more areo than a drop bar system, but in all honesty it is not by much if at all. On hard efforts when I want to use my upper body, I wrap my hands around the front of the brake levers to pull with my hands, but the front of the brake levers was not designed to be held or used that way so it isn't very comfortable. I am used to it by now though. Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 19.52.11.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 20.07.14.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-24 at 20.04.44.png

@Mathew Fry - this is a little off topic, but are you running MTB grips, levers, and shifters on a drop-bar Cruzbike? I'm interested in how you sorted that out... it looks pretty cool, and I've not seen anyone else doing it.

I've been interested in Cruzbikes for a while now but, actually, one big turn-off for me has been the insistence on building the performance models up using road brifters, which to me are overpriced and finicky especially if you're trying to create a hydraulic-brake 1x system. Plus, isn't the whole point of brifters and drop bars to allow you to get into an aero tuck but also have a resting position on top on a DF bike? I've never understood why that set-up would be beneficial in a recumbent, where you're always in your aero position and your hands don't really take up any of your body's weight...
Red S40: SRAM mountain bike brake with trigger shifters mounted on a Soma Gator drop bar.

V20: Road bike SRAM hydraulic brakes with electronic shifters on a 3T Aeroghiaia Integrrale drop bar.

I had started out with ~straight bars and bar end grips, but switched to the drop bars.

Karl42

Ok, I found the page for the Steerstopper, and some posts about this on this forum. Has anyone mounted this on a V20?

Also, @Mathew Fy, why are you using the nylon strap to secure the front wheel in this picture when you have the steerstopper?

Karl42

Another system to lock the steering for parking is this. It is much more compact than the Steerstopper, but would also require a modification of the frame to use it on a Cruzbike:

The SteerStopper comes with an elastic band for the brakes to prevent rolling. The strap would be unnecessary.
I took the photo of the Click-Stand on the S40 for demo purposes.

Karl42

I got my Ergo Stop Plus steering lock kit today: https://tout-terrain.bike/products/ergo-stop-plus-2-handlebar-lock-kit
The diameter fits the steering tube of my V20. I might try 3D printing a mount for the counterpart before considering whether I would drill any holes in the frame.
The kit uses up 11mm of spacer width. On my current V20 fork I only left space for a 5mm spacer, but I just got a new S40 fork that hasn't been cut yet, so I'll build this up with this steering lock kit in mind.
IMG_2065.jpg