Thor seat sizing

Aikigreg

I've finally bit the bullet on a V20 and it will arrive in about a month. The owner is giving me the option for either the stock seat or a medium Thor sport seat. Owner is 5'8", I am 6' and some millimeters. Thor website says the medium is good for up to 5'9". Think I can get away with it, or the headrest night not fit properly, or would the lumbar do me dirty maybe? Trying to sort out what I can get away with.

I've finally bit the bullet on a V20 and it will arrive in about a month. The owner is giving me the option for either the stock seat or a medium Thor sport seat. Owner is 5'8", I am 6' and some millimeters. Thor website says the medium is good for up to 5'9". Think I can get away with it, or the headrest night not fit properly, or would the lumbar do me dirty maybe? Trying to sort out what I can get away with.
Many users add some foam padding in the lumbar area, so if you do also, that won't be an issue.
I'm (formerly) 5'10" and use the large. I think the medium would have my shoulders a bit more, catching more wind without additional comfort. Not confirmed, though.
This is one reason to chose the new Cruzbike Adjustable CF Seat, you can tinker with the length.
BTW, many riders on this forum prefer the stock seat.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I am 6' and have the Thor large seat. I don't know how medium will fit. You can try and see if you like it. I am sure there are many stock seats in people's garages doing nothing, and you can try to buy later. :)
I prefer the Thor seat. The stock seat to me is too difficult to ride in.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
My 2 cents worth:

Thor seats are great however, you will potentially have to make modifications like drilling holes in the frame to make it work. That said, I had one on my Silvio 2.0+ and loved it. I now have a large Thor seat that I had planned to put on either my V20 or my S40 but I managed to find a 'like new' Adjustable Carbon Fiber Seat and Headrest for the V20 so the Thor seat may be going on the S40.

If you decide to take the Thor seat and it's too small, you can likely sell it here. Then you can purchase the correct size or perhaps take a chance on the Adjustable Carbon Fiber Seat and Headrest. If that doesn't work, you can sell it here too! Good Luck.

xtalbike

I’m 5’11 and shrinking and Thor medium is too small. I tried and it didn’t work. Cruzbike adjustable is really comfy for me on V20c.

Henri

scatter brain
It will probably depend on your ratios / hight distribution. If you have long torso, you're out, if you have long legs and short torso you migt fit after all. Does the manufacturer not state the torlo length for the seat? That really is the important measurement and total hight can only approximate that somewhat.
When the seat is too small, I'd think it will mainly pe a priblem in the shoulder section - that will not be at your shoulder section. Putting a bend, where your body does not want to bend. Your Loungs not free to inflate fully, the edge pressing into your back, you not sitting flush / hovering a bit, losing lots of support in sideways stability and for pushing on the pedals.
(I experience it with my girlfriends bike.) As you are close to the right size, but judged by the wrong measurement, it might just work out or be quite bad. And seat cushion or not can also give or take the last needed inch, so take it into consideration, if you do want to use a cushion.

cruzKurt

I have ridden stock seat and adjustable CF seat. I prefer the stock seat with stock pad or ventisit. Never ridden a thor seat, although I think my old Bacchetta had one similar.

IMO the stock seat is a great seat and I have thousands of miles on both my v20's and soon to be v20c with a stock seat.

BJ686

I am 6' and own both a large and medium Thor sport seat. I prefer the medium and think it is more comfortable. The "up-rise for the back" on the medium starts sooner than the large so I am in a bit more of an upright position, but I find this preferable for visibility and comfort even though the larger one may be more aero since it keeps me flatter.