Tommaso a good donor?

Kungfuguy

I happened on this woman's bike and wonder if it's any good for donor? I want a cruzbike with road characteristics. I want it to be low as possible for 700c. I don't want my feet so high off the ground. The crossbar looks ok. It's mail order bike and the build and parts look passable for a cheap bike. What do you think?

http://tommasobikes.com/road-women/imola-women/

floridabike

A Good Donor?

It probably would work for you, but after trying a donor I purchased the V2/K frameset for $230 and then found a nice Specialized bike for $125 with nice components. That worked for me but it depends on availability of used bikes in your area.

Phil

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
You Might be Happier with a Sofrider

You would spend $845 for the Tommaso and the Cruzbike Conversion Kit for a bike that may not be that easy to sit on. Even the 40cm frame would still get you a fairly high seat. For a few hundred more, you could get the Sofrider and equip it with 700c wheels and road drops.

It's your decision, but based on what I have read and after seeing a few 700c Sofriders, I think you ought to consider that route.

Gromit

Guru
IMHO That Tommaso Imola would

IMHO That Tommaso Imola would be a poor candidate for a conversion. The top tube is way too high.
I would go with Phil's (floridabike) suggestion instead.