Touring the Philippines on my Q45

Mark Clayton

Next year, I will start to live in Lapu-Lapu City in the Philippines for 5 to 6 months of the year. I will be back and forth between the Philippines and the US every few months. I am thinking about taking my bike to the Philippines and leaving it there at the home I rent in Lapu-Lapu City. That way, I will have it to tour all around the islands of the Philippines.

Has anyone toured the Philippines on bike?

Is anyone interested in coming to the Philippines when I am there and go riding with me and my Filipina partner? Lapu-Lapu City is the city closest to the Cebu Airport, less than 4 miles away.

Attachments

• 2021-10-11_12-56-51.png
    2021-10-11_12-56-51.png
    824.5 KB · Views: 8

Mark Clayton

Got to post pics here of that epic ride!! Excellent.
I will likely write a blog and have a vlog on my adventures. I will post links here. They are months off. I made this post just in case there is a possibility of catching someone's attention who is interested in riding with me for a week or more.

Flying Dutchman

I will likely write a blog and have a vlog on my adventures. I will post links here. They are months off. I made this post just in case there is a possibility of catching someone's attention who is interested in riding with me for a week or more.
I would love to join you but work and family commitments stop me from jumping on the plane :-(

Done various multi-day trips in Europe but would love to take it to the far east

Mark Clayton

I would love to join you but work and family commitments stop me from jumping on the plane :-(

Done various multi-day trips in Europe but would love to take it to the far east
I completely understand. I spent the past few years transforming the source of my income from requiring me and my time to be in the US to being online so I can take care of my business and clients from anywhere in the world as long as I have an internet connection and my laptop. I created a structure where instead of requiring about 50 hours of my time each week, it takes 20 hours of my time each week.

I created a life which serves me instead of me having to serve my life.

Anytime you want to plan a ride in the Philippines, let me know.

I have not packed up my bike to fly with me on a plane before. Do you have any tips for me?

JerseyJim

I haven't toured the Philippines but I follow some YouTube cyclists from there. There are many. Maybe you can get some advice or maybe some support from them. My favorite are;

John-John BIKES
Carlo Villarica - No Boring Days
Kristiane Lim