Trainers for Cruzbikes

FrankHugh

Nope. The Tacx Neo sits directly on the concrete garage floor.
When peddling hard the trainer is moving or it must be stopping the cruzbike from acting naturally or I’m missing something about how the cruzbike front end works

I have both a Neo 2 and a Kickr. Neither are designed to move laterally.

Beano

When peddling hard the trainer is moving or it must be stopping the cruzbike from acting naturally or I’m missing something about how the cruzbike front end works

I have both a Neo 2 and a Kickr. Neither are designed to move laterally.

Why would it move? Any lateral force is lost either in the drivetrain of the trainer or a very slight lateral movement in the trainer due to some flex. And your Neo 2 can be moved laterally for sure, google this and you'll see videos and discussions on it.

FrankHugh

Why would it move? Any lateral force is lost either in the drivetrain of the trainer or a very slight lateral movement in the trainer due to some flex. And your Neo 2 can be moved laterally for sure, google this and you'll see videos and discussions on it.
I beginning to think this is a parody forum. Can’t even bother to respond.

ccf

Guru
When peddling hard the trainer is moving or it must be stopping the cruzbike from acting naturally
On the road a Cruzbike can have foot steer, more so when pedaling hard. A trainer prevents foot steer (unless you do something really extreme).

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I can't upload the video. Here is the picture. I made this setup so that it simulates road riding more closely by allowing the platform to rotate. However, the trainer setup was also fine as is without my subsequent lazy Susan contraption.
20220316_204307.jpg

FrankHugh

I can't upload the video. Here is the picture. I made this setup so that it simulates road riding more closely by allowing the platform to rotate. However, the trainer setup was also fine as is without my subsequent lazy Susan contraption.
View attachment 12794
Thanks, Another member had already linked me to your setup. Looks interesting. I’m going to end this thread as it appears there’s no right or wrong way to use the cruzbike on a trainer. I’m struggling with putting 250w + on a Kickr or Neo and it not putting some large stresses through the cruzbike or the trainer or my knees or all three. The Neo is a heavy beast and I’m confident I can move that and still as unsure as when I made this post on how that will affect the feel of the steering. Thanks for all respinses