Upgrading boom/chainstay on first gen Vendetta

quinsky

I just purchased an old V1 and I am just learning to ride. The first thing I noticed is my inner thighs rubbing on the boom. I had to remove the waterbottle cage from the underside of it. Is it possible to upgrade the boom and chainstay to a newer version that is more narrow?

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
The person to contact is Robert Holler at Cruzbike. He would be able to tell you what is or isn't available parts-wise.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the V1 Vendetta had an entirely different fork dropout design, as well as different chain stay design, which fit the boom differently, etc etc...so swapping parts on those bikes is nearly impossible. There are also slight differences in the fork rake/headtube length, etc that can cause issues.

IyhelM

So not a good idea to try and swap the whole front train of both my bikes - Silvio 2.2 and Vendetta 1.0?
I’ve been wondering about it since I got the Silvio… too bad!IMG_4942.jpeg

quinsky

I contacted Robert and he suggested using an S40 front triangle my V1.5. It fit perfect with the only difference being the new fork which is made to fit larger tires. I had to replace my front brake with a mid range caliper which works fine. The S40 fork comes with a long steerer tube so I had to cut it. My original stem had 3 spacers so I cut the new one down to one spacer. I may cut it lower. The new set up is much more adjustable and I feel much more in control of the bike. I also put 145mm SRAM cranks on it which required a new bottom bracket. IMG_2584.jpg

IyhelM

@Robert Holler is that (S40 front triangle on early V) doable on a Vendetta 1.0 as well? I reckon the front of the V1.0 is the same as the V1.5, it’s only the rear that changes ain’t it?

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I contacted Robert and he suggested using an S40 front triangle my V1.5. It fit perfect with the only difference being the new fork which is made to fit larger tires. I had to replace my front brake with a mid range caliper which works fine. The S40 fork comes with a long steerer tube so I had to cut it. My original stem had 3 spacers so I cut the new one down to one spacer. I may cut it lower. The new set up is much more adjustable and I feel much more in control of the bike. I also put 145mm SRAM cranks on it which required a new bottom bracket. View attachment 16850
Glad to know those 145mm cranks are working for you!

Tor Hovland

is that (S40 front triangle on early V) doable on a Vendetta 1.0 as well? I reckon the front of the V1.0 is the same as the V1.5, it’s only the rear that changes ain’t it?

I agree. Whatever works on the V1.5 should work on the V1.0 as well.

By the way, I changed to a V20 fork and V2.0 chainstay on my V1.0 bike, so I can confirm that works.