Urban ride among traffic

CruzLike

Guru
Wow. That was some little ride. I feel like I have pretty thick skin with traffic. There were a couple of places that I squirmed in my seat watching.

Going down the hill I may have been easier on the brakes and let her rip. Maybe yelling BANZAI!

Is it common for bikes to be mixing with car traffic? Are they accepted or seen a nuisance?

jond

Zen MBB Master
Hmmm always been a dream to be able to cycle commute safely. In that traffic my risk assessment says one day it’s a likely problem for me. Driver error. or even my own. Margins are too close despite the actual statistics.

Interesting you erred on the side of safety not filtering.

Always good to see drivers cyclists etc on the right side of the road. ;)

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
The bus coming from 1 side and the motorcyclist from the other made me a bit nervous. Japan has bike lanes almost everywhere, so to see you in what would be a car lane here made me a bit nervous despite the speeds being mostly under 20kph. I'll try to get a video up of me riding my V20 on public roads here, but it is going to be a while before I can.

Giloun

Wow. That was some little ride. I feel like I have pretty thick skin with traffic. There were a couple of places that I squirmed in my seat watching.

Going down the hill I may have been easier on the brakes and let her rip. Maybe yelling BANZAI!

Is it common for bikes to be mixing with car traffic? Are they accepted or seen a nuisance?

As the government is determined to put car first and bicycle last, the only protection for urban cyclists is the law which allow bicycles on road. Bicycles are not welcomed but tolerated 95% of the time on the road.

super slim

Zen MBB Master

Lucky the ride was NOT in Sydney, Australia, as you would have been squashed meat!!!!

Giloun

The bus coming from 1 side and the motorcyclist from the other made me a bit nervous. Japan has bike lanes almost everywhere, so to see you in what would be a car lane here made me a bit nervous despite the speeds being mostly under 20kph. I'll try to get a video up of me riding my V20 on public roads here, but it is going to be a while before I can.
The motorcycle did gave me a bit of surprise coming from my left at the junction.

Last edited:

Opik

I thing FWD MBB is really good for Traffic and short stop in Urban Areas. No Heel strike, lower BB and lower seating, makes it easier