V2/K Conversion For Sale

bhave

For sale is my lovingly cared for and built custom Cruzbike front wheel drive recumbent bicycle. After years of riding it, I am upgrading. I have carefully selected the components for the ultimate ride for comfort and have spent over $800 over the years. I use the bike for my daily 21-mile commute to work here in VA. The frame has no cracks. I am a pretty good bike mechanic and it runs very smoothly.
Here's what you're getting:
  • Hussefelt 35mm 0° stem
  • Origin 8 mustache handlebars
  • Shimano integrated trigger shifter brake levers
  • FSA compact 50/34t hollow crankset
  • Shimano tourney 2 speed front derailleur
  • Shimano Deore LX 8-speed rear derailleur
  • Forte team V brakes
  • Kind Shock w/ + and - damping pump included
  • Vuelta zero lite 26" wheels
  • Mr. Tuffy tire liners
  • Forte Gotham 26x1.75 tires
  • Nashbar pannier rack
  • Avenir front fenders
  • Zefal blade rear fender
  • Ventisit padding
  • Cruzbike V2/k frameset
  • GT 700 solid aluminum forks
  • Nashbar campus spd pedals
  • Layback seatpost gives the rider a more reclined riding style for better lung capacity
  • Original straight seatpost included
  • Original seat cushions included
  • Also included are extra front hardware components from Cruzbike conversion kit
Pickup locally here in the Washington DC Metro Area. IMG_20180609_120048184.jpg IMG_20180609_120054005.jpg

McWheels

Off the long run
Always nice to see how another V2k was made up. Looks gleaming. Big fan of the rear rack, nice choice.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
The rear rack looks like a touring front rack. Am I right? Brilliantly executed.

The front fork looks like it is on the normal orientation with the conversion attached to the front. Have you ridden other Cruzbikes? Does that give a major difference in handling? It would seem like that would move the front axle significantly farther forward changing rake and trail and thereby wheel flop too. As the years have gone they seem to have been increasing these measurements but I'm not sure how that would compare. How did you find the ride. It looks like you have it pretty dialed in considering all your improvements and tweaks.

PJS

Hoping that @bhave is doing fine, but in the meantime - I got this bike some time ago. First Cruzbike; love it. @benphyr, you’re spot-on; it’s dialed in really well. Only minor changes I’ve done so far: flipped the seat mount around to gain another 2-3cm in laid-back distance (I’m tall), and rotated the front slider boom by 180deg to hide the white length markers underneath... yeah, that’s compulsive behavior right there...
Also threaded all four cables through said slider eyelet next to the stem extender. Cleaned up the visuals even more.