v20 and v2

Apollo

On the V20 if you get too low on the BB you are going to be really in an open/flat body position; that might actually make it harder to learn and might adversely affect your ability to product power.
Here's the the pre- V20 sizing chart for reference. For the V20 forward; the V20 has more in common with the Silvio sizing indicators. The boom on the Large and Medium V2-TT was the same; the small boom I believe was different. The V1 that's beyond my memory.

James what's your X_Seam?
I'm probably confusing V1 for V2 then. There were two differently curved booms at some point. I'm sure of this because I've seen pics of both large and medium bikes together and they weren't curved the same above the BB.

In any case, every time I measure my X-seam it doesn't come out the same. I just measured it again with my back straight up against the wall and the distance to the soles of my feet is 43.5". If this helps or if I did something wrong please let me know. Thanks, BoB, you're the best.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
In any case, every time I measure my X-seam it doesn't come out the same. I just measured it again with my back straight up against the wall and the distance to the soles of my feet is 43.5". If this helps or if I did something wrong please let me know. .

http://cruzbike.com/fit.html

Sounds to me like you are a medium without a doubt.

jond

Zen MBB Master
eureka tie me kangaroo down sport :) the handlebars have finally arrived from the old colony. wife just gave me a bell (phone call).

cant wait to fit them and try them out. sadly my wife refused to fit them for me :) she is no bush mechanic.

set of salsa cowbell 2 46cm . some fine tuning and a recable and she (the bike) will be finished.

i am back on the v20 after some 18 rides or so on the DF. what a relief to be on a cruz- bike again.

i am finding the drops to be where i can generate seemingly more and easier power , swing that boom and lay into it like i could never do quite so well with bullhorns. reduced hand pain.

having extra hand positions will suit me i think. we shall see. of course i am concerned a little about the aerodynamics being compromised but we shall see.

i think the v20 will be faster than the v2.2 in the large frame iterations/my body match i have. from gut feel it seems easier to pedal my training wheelset out with a 52-11 combo. compared to old v2 53-11. strangely though the speed seems slower somehow after riding the v2 a lot with the enve 6.7 wheelset ????????????

we shall see when i take her down to the football oval round track and try the 100miler TT. soon very soon. i will be able to compare 50 and 100klm tt efforts previously done on the v2.2

going to try and beat 4 hours if i can and hopefully get lucky and be free to fly without interuption. it is a busy oval. my dream goal is to ....eventually maybe per-chance hopefully one day soon you know what i am saying (eventually is my get out clause tee hee) to get near larry's track benchmark of 3hrs 47 min for the century imperial.

an unbelievable gutsy supreme effort from the powerhouse deserved hard working larry . i think larry is likely insurmountable for my chicken noodle soup legs. i have had that time written down for a long time including the seconds as an inspiration and homage to our good mate larry. whilst i have miles in my legs i dont have and am not capable of larry's power to weight ratio and training...... i just cannot bring myself to a trainer session like larry smashes out regularly. for me it must be fun first second and third and i really am not a racer at heart(excuses locked in) :) . no matter the informal result it will be great fun to try and do my best on the best bike. at least i can say i ride the same frame as larry :)................... and no i wont be using latex tubes :) we shall see soon enough and i will report back with a ride report with results. i wish i could come to america and ride with you guys in some of your events but that will likely never happen. but i can ride here with gps technology and be with you all in kindred good noble cruzbike spirit.

will take a pic when she (the bike) is finished and ready and post here. looking forward to what she will look like with the deep dish wheels and black and white theme. i am tipping fast.

i have ditched gandalf now and gone back to Jaffa as a v20 name.

cant wait to get home and see those handlebars on Jaffa yippeeeeeeeeeee.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
going to try and beat 4 hours if i can and hopefully get lucky and be free to fly without interuption. it is a busy oval
Jon, I know you'll do it, and wait expectantly for the results.
I'm still praying that you can one day come to the USA for a race with us.
If not, we'll have to come there to you.. :)

telephd

Guru
Hey Jon, If you have them could you please post pics of your V20 with the stock and cowbell bars? Thanks, Hal

jond

Zen MBB Master
please post pics of your V20 with the stock and cowbell bars?

hal after a sweaty audax ride with my not so lifeproof case on my iphone i seem unable to send photos to this computer. but wait i transferred from strava. see below

my initial thoughts on the new salsa bars is that they look nice and are very comfy making the bike more parking friendly . but i cannot leverage them the same as the original cruzbike bars when making power. a lot of good engineering thought went into the generational design of the v20 and it is pretty tough to possibly improve the ride.

to each their own.

i think the cowchipper or woodchipper may be a good choice. note the cowbell 2 is definitely harder to control than the original bars too but easier than the bullhorn fitted to my old v2.

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
newbike2.jpg newbike.jpg
Vg0bq7DrDWi2jIAh7W-98lZKgejkjzD4vgTD867Q1g0-2048x1536.jpg

ratz

A quick look at your cable routing has me wondering how the designer intended the cables to be routed. I have noticed on other bikes that there is no consensus on cable routing. I run my cables slightly different than your photo shows. You use the cable adjuster on the Stem clamp for your front derailleur while I use this for my rear cassette.

Not there there is a correct way for anything; but since the bike is designed to use road components..... The Cable adjust on the boom is for the front derailleur; a typical road rear derailleur will have the barrel adjuster built into the derailleur body itself and no front derailleurs have adjusters built in.

But since a lot of people use MTB derailleurs there's certainly a good enough reason to use it's new position for the rear one; which would allow you to tweak the derailleur while underway.

In my case since there will be no shift wires; I plan to remove the adjuster itself and feed the brake cable through there.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I plan to remove the adjuster itself and feed the brake cable through there.

bob it will look the bomb for sure with only brake cables. i will miss the type 2 rear mech with lockout. the long cage ultegra is a pain even fitting the drive wheel. maybe this will force me to take up tubeless :)

moose i thought about removing the front mech adjustor totally and relocating it to inline but my experience with inline adjustors has been poor as they have always seized up quickly due to sweating no matter quality of adjustor.
i would think that the inline adjustor though will be immune as the sweat does not get to that position on the vendetta.

about 500klm on the v20 now and looking forward to a closed circuit comparison soon. starting to use the drops rather than the hoods now routinely. very comfy. no regrets. lower bb actually by 10cm makes the v20 easier to handle.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
bob it will look the bomb for sure with only brake cables.
I can't wait for those "wireless" brakes to become available too - I wish I would have submitted my patent awhile ago - Oh well!
Just think - no cables anywhere - Easy handlebar changes and the like! :)

ratz

I can't wait for those "wireless" brakes to become available too - I wish I would have submitted my patent awhile ago - Oh well!
Just think - no cables anywhere - Easy handlebar changes and the like! :)

Yep and while you are in the coffee shop I'm going to swap you bars out with the identical bike next to yours.

jond

Zen MBB Master
x
I can't wait for those "wireless" brakes to become available too

ha ha larry i was going to suggest bob would be an early adopter but then i thought about the kids.

i remember my 1970s era banana seated dragster bicycle and how every now and then a brake cable would snap always at the handle bar position. the cable and outer would then fling forward into the front wheel spokes if you were unlucky.

i imagined the new wireless brakes suddenly deciding to take over the gear changes instead...........

thankfully some things do change. i have never snapped a cable on a modern bicycle ever. they have frayed but nothing more.

but i doubt we will see any wireless brakes on the frontier.

our new cycling laws started yesterday. on the news were four cyclists who rode through a stop light and were fined $416 dollars each. it was recorded and became physical. cyclists previous fines for all infringements were $72 and were never enforced now they have gone up a lot. we have to carry photo id. if caught not wearing a helmet it is a fine well over $300

i know a policewoman cyclist with three stripes. she told me they have been instructed to not enforce the 1m and 1.5m passing rule that car drivers must now give cyclists. she rides to work every day and has vision from yesterday of a truck deliberately buzzing her going over the rumble strip to do so at 60mph. sadly the number plate was not clear otherwise the truck driver would be getting a visit from sarge.

so it looks like our state new laws to "protect cyclists" are just a money grabbing registration by default attack on cyclists. the media have been playing it popular by enacting it as "cyclists versus motorists" of course they do not quote the facts and figures regarding accidents and fault .... but focus on the idiot minority of cyclists who run lights deliberately setting up their tv cameras at busy intersections and pedestrian crossings. even getting a blind guy to cross regularly till they got the footage they wanted to perpetuate their point of view. well screw them to a wall etc.

we have a long long way to go to be accepted. and admittedly there is fault on both sides of the argument but cyclists remain one of the few groups discriminated against by our society. at least the subject is on the radar.

this is why i ride on a bicycle track as much as i can.

the laws have been brought in by the NSW roads minister duncan gaye. yes he is an overweight non cyclist and reported as an antagonist .

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
That is indeed a sad state of affairs. I bet if we all put our heads together we can figure out a way to mount a 50caliber machine gun to a Vendetta ;)