Vendetta for an S40?

RBW1938

I have about 1800 miles on my Vendetta and I love it but old age and deteriorating knees are making it difficult to get the performance out of the V that it deserves.
So I am considering the possibility that an S40 would be more suited to my situation. Just thought I would see if anyone has a late S40 that would like to trade up to a Vendetta?
My Vendetta is built up with all Ultegra groupset with a 52/37 11 spd. Has 60mm carbon wheels with Conti GP5000 tires.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I seem to recall seeing your posts about wanting the Vendetta and buying it not that long ago... 1800 miles already!!! Wow! Kudos to you Robert!

RBW1938

Generally do about 150 miles a week and I really like the V. Just have to realize that at 82, maybe it's time to listen to my body and slow down a bit. Still enjoy beating the younger guys but the price is getting higher.

Sam McCool

I have about 1800 miles on my Vendetta and I love it but old age and deteriorating knees are making it difficult to get the performance out of the V that it deserves.
So I am considering the possibility that an S40 would be more suited to my situation. Just thought I would see if anyone has a late S40 that would like to trade up to a Vendetta?
My Vendetta is built up with all Ultegra groupset with a 52/37 11 spd. Has 60mm carbon wheels with Conti GP5000 tires.
Is this still up for sale? Do you have any photos please? Thank you! Sam

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
RBW1938 said:
at 82, maybe it's time to listen to my body and slow down a bit.
This 56-year-old has to listen to COPD, and that shouts loud. You are probably way faster than me, even on a Silvio. Even on an incorrectly assembled Chinese mountain-bike.

Sam McCool

Thanks for your prompt reply. Enjoy!!

RBW1938

OK, just for the record, after putting a few hundred miles on the S40, I appreciate the Vendetta for speed and comfort and will not give it up. The S40 excels for easier rides with more stopping and starting or a need to carry stuff(I get my groceries on the S40). Better visibility on the S40 and overall a great ride. But when I want to ride with a fast group or do long rides that don't entail a lot of city type riding, there is no substitute for the Vendetta!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
N+1 strikes again. Muahaha haha. With an @RBW1938 CruZz smile from ear to ear.

I appreciate your experience of the differences between models. Thank you.