Ventisit opinions

tpack502

New Member
Looking for opinions from folks who switched to a Ventisit from the standard S40 bike pad and your thoughts. Did you like it better or worse?

I am finding that I am sliding forward on the standard pad that comes with the S40. I even tried to add more padding to see if it would help but I feel that I keep sliding forward and the standard pad is HOT. Sweat fest after 20 miles riding on that.
 

Doccus

Active Member
On my S40, I find the Ventisit pad not only cooler (which is what I expected) but more comfortable than the standard pad. I switched after the first day of a multi-day ride left my glutes aching. I had no more discomfort the remaining days. On rides of an hour or so it did not seem to make much difference but I ride the Ventisit exclusively now.
 

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
A very simple yet easy solution is to get a piece of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch yoga mat and cut a piece that will match up with the curvature of the front of the pad. Cut it to about 6 inches front to back. Then open up the front end of the Ventist and insert the pad. Use a reusable zip tie to close up the Ventist. Test it out…Modify the width/thickness of the yoga pad as needed to get the comfort you need. This has worked well for me.
 

orind

Member
I use the ventisit on my S-40. stock pad is fine, but it holds moisture--the ventisit does not. I find both seat pad options comfortable--it really was about not wanting to sit in a puddle of my own sweat for hours.
 

Boreen bimbler

Well-Known Member
I use a ventisit. I was surprised when I got it as it felt a bit harder than the original but it is just as comfortable and cooler. I went for the thicker option but doubt it makes any difference TBH. I had to set the ventisit a bit more forward on the seat than the original. Slightly overhanging the front and it's been great since.
I did use the original while riding in the woods once because it was softer but I don't think it made enough difference to bother doing again.
 

IyhelM

Létrange MBB
I went for the thicker option but doubt it makes any difference TBH.
It does, but not necessarily the way one would assume: I like the 3 cm thick one better on the flat seats of my 1st gen Vendetta but on my other MBB with a double curvature seat, I find the 2 cm one more comfortable. Same with the Silvio, thanks to the light suspension, the 2 cm works fine. Reserved opinion on the T50, currently it’s a 3 cm with added padding in the rump area but I haven’t been riding it for long enough.
 

tpack502

New Member
I am about to pull the plug and order the 3 cm ventisit for my S40. Hopefully there is no slip and it is more comfortable than the standard foam based seat.
I don't see an option on thickness to order the seat. Is there somewhere else besides Cruzbike shop you are purchasing the Ventisit?
 

tpack502

New Member
Can you order directly from Ventisit? They list several sizes for Cruzbikes.
I looked on their site, but they say they’re not shipping to the United States or the UK right now still because of tariffs. I don’t know if that’s an old message or still current.
 
Top