video from Ride Across North Carolina

JimParker

Well I finally got around to compiling the video I shot last fall on the 7-day ride. The image quality wasn't as good as I wanted, but you can get a feel for the ride. Some folks didn't believe how fast we climbed hills, but you can see for yourself. Also, many people wonder about going downhill fast, and I've got some of that too. Because the camera was mounted to my handlebar, you tell when I am engaging my upper body.

I hope you enjoy it.

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxteNsPt5II

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Yeah, but you got passed by a trike... That's all the BROLers need to see... :lol:

Good job on the video!

Mark

JimParker wrote: Well I finally got around to compiling the video I shot last fall on the 7-day ride. The image quality wasn't as good as I wanted, but you can get a feel for the ride. Some folks didn't believe how fast we climbed hills, but you can see for yourself. Also, many people wonder about going downhill fast, and I've got some of that too. Because the camera was mounted to my handlebar, you tell when I am engaging my upper body.

I hope you enjoy it.

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxteNsPt5II

I also saw the video very good riding. I have recently started to read the forums on BROL before I only read the main articles. One thing I noticed was some of the videos there were in better quality then You Tube can offer. Perhaps you can look into loading also a place which offers better quality? The Silvio blends in very good with a group ride much better than a trike or a low racer. If you want to have a conversation with your fellow riders it seems much easier riding in a Silvio position than being almost on the ground! :cool: :) :D

Peder

I just got a video from my nephew on a skate board vacation at Lake Tahoe. Most of them on this video are from Norway there is also one from Sweden. The reason I wanted to post it is just to show the quality I saw some recumbent videos in the same format and they seem to be of very good quality. Did you rider faster on this ride then the year before? Training and going on several rides has perhaps given you a better fitness level? If there is even a stronger rider on a Silvio in the near future maybe they can use this format? http://www.zenfusa.blogspot.com/ It's on vimeo. ;) I'm not that good with video but some young people are.

Peder

JimParker

Peder Torgersen wrote: I just got a video from my nephew on a skate board vacation at Lake Tahoe. Most of them on this video are from Norway there is also one from Sweden. The reason I wanted to post it is just to show the quality I saw some recumbent videos in the same format and they seem to be of very good quality. Did you rider faster on this ride then the year before? Training and going on several rides has perhaps given you a better fitness level? If there is even a stronger rider on a Silvio in the near future maybe they can use this format? http://www.zenfusa.blogspot.com/ It's on vimeo. ;) I'm not that good with video but some young people are.

Peder

Very cool video! Those guys are good on the snowboard. I will experiment with vimeo and maybe post some better videos there.

Yes, we are definitely faster on the Silvio, but we were pretty fast last year on the Sofriders as well.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Jim,

Curious as to what video camera you were using. I'm toying with the idea of making some cycling videos

Thanks!

Mark

JimParker

Mark B wrote: Jim,

Curious as to what video camera you were using. I'm toying with the idea of making some cycling videos

Thanks!

Mark
Hi Mark. I was out of town last week... The camera I used was an Oregon Scientific ATCK3. I wasn't thrilled with the image quality or the sound quality, but it IS rugged.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
JimParker wrote:
Mark B wrote: Jim,

Thanks!

Mark
Hi Mark. I was out of town last week... The camera I used was an Oregon Scientific ATCK3. I wasn't thrilled with the image quality or the sound quality, but it IS rugged.

Thanks, Jim... The OS models are on my list of considerables, but I keep reading the same comments you made. I may end up homebrewing something.

Mark