Welcome to the new site

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Oh wow, after months of work with the developers, we now have a great new site. For our forum users - hey! only ONE login for both the site and the forum - its all rolled in together now. There are lots of nice features too on the new site, information about the bikes is better organized and so on. Happy to take any feedback - enjoy now! John Tolhurst

Gromit

Guru
Sequence of posts

Posts seem to be appearing out of sequence.

Here is a typical example:-
http://www.cruzbike.com/node/2649
Check out the dates on the posts.

Another example is this thread on the Sigma:-
http://www.cruzbike.com/node/2831
My second post in that thread, subtitled "Seperate Division" was in response to JT's post, subtitled "Dilemma". I made my post prior to White Silvio's and the Admin post.

Gromit

Guru
Fixed!

Thanks John
regular_smile.gif

I see that you've fixed the problem with the date/time sequence of the posts.

Gromit

KenM

I back in!

Yes! It's a vast improvement! Well done!
thumbs_up.gif

And it has let me back in!
regular_smile.gif

The old forum locked me out some months ago and in spite of several attempts I was not able to get a new password. However the new site allowed me to quickly re-establish myself.
The only comment I've got so far is that the Preview option seems to have been lost.
-Ken

Links to photographs?

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, but am having a problem viewing photos in peoples posts, I simply get a page not found message? I am using Safari on a Macbook Pro, if that makes a difference?

Regards,
Richard

KenM

A little suggestion/request.

One of the links on the old site that I always used and miss on the new site is that listing updated pages. Its a quick way to note new material and is a great time saver for regular users. It doesn't have to be prominent, just there somewhere.
Cheers,
-Ken

Lief

Guru Schmuru
The new site...

...is totally awesome.

Way more organized (information architecture = good)
Way more usable (layout, less clicks)
Prettier - (color scheme, forum layout,)

Nice job team.
Now, back to the bikes.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Yes, we'll get the updated

Yes, we'll get the updated pages thing happening soon for forum posts I hope.

The big change with the site is having the forum uses and the website user being the same thing. Its easier.

The other think I hope will lead to cruzbike riders meeting others for local group rides is the maps in the profile. You'll be able to see others who are located nearby.

KenM

The mapping function doesn't

The mapping function doesn't work.
sad_smile.gif

I've tried giving it my address, including Suburb, Local Govt and Street, but it insists I'm in Canberra rather than Melbourne.
Also the Mark All Read link doesn't work.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
used the Point option

Thanks Ken, since the server knows me as 'god' I opened your profile and used the point option to drag the pin to North Balwin.

I need more testing on this, anyone else been frustrated with locating the map pin?

KenM

Thanks John, but how do we

Thanks John, but how do we see locations of others? I can't find that anywhere.
-Ken

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
ah ha, glad to see you

ah ha, glad to see you Jack.

Hi Ken, the link is http://cruzbike.com/cruzbikers

Its still being tested.

Romagjack

Map Pin

I just got back on the new forum but can't get the Map Pin to work. I live in Savannah, GA USA and not Australia. I like the new site. Romagjack - not to be confused wit Defjack.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hi Jack,
its not working

Hi Jack,
its not working smoothly.
I was able to change from Australia to US/International.
Then I entered GA in the Administrative Area box and hit search. This threw an error message. Then I hit search again and it found GA. I then entered Savannah in the locality field and was able to save it.

Romagjack

Thanks John. You're a

Thanks John. You're a genius.

One other issue that I can't seem to figure out. When I click on all attached .jpg files, they are opened in Notepad as jibberish in Windows 7. I've tried a number of different file associations but nothing seems to work. All .jpg pics outside of the Cruzbike Forum open properly. Any suggestions? Thanks.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
jpg extention not present on attachments

ah, yes. I wonderered when someone would notice that. Presently we need to save attachments and add the .jpg extention to the filename. I've asked the web team to address this, but its still down the list a little.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
CRUZBIKE.COM

Discovered yesterday, the site works under cruzbike.com, so if y ou are using the www prefix, change your bookmark.

There is a way to redirect all www to plain cruzbike.com, but have to do this rather carefully.