What tire pressure do you guys use?

glar

What tire pressure do you guys use for your Q45? I have been inflating mine to 70 psi as close to the max pressure as I can, like my road bike which is inflated to 120 psi. I have read people only inflating these tires to 35 psi, so I'm not sure what is the ideal pressure. I assume since I bike on road, close to max pressure would be best because less rolling resistance?

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
What tire pressure do you guys use for your Q45? I have been inflating mine to 70 psi as close to the max pressure as I can, like my road bike which is inflated to 120 psi. I have read people only inflating these tires to 35 psi, so I'm not sure what is the ideal pressure. I assume since I bike on road, close to max pressure would be best because less rolling resistance?
I have 40mm tubeless tires. I pump them to 40 psi.

Actually there is less rolling resistance with less pressure. I used to inflate my tires to max when doing time trials and I could feel every bump in the road. This is increased rolling resistance. Your tires do not have good compliance when at max psi. That is why lower psi creates less rolling resistance. The Enve website has a tire pressure calculator. It is based on your weight and the weight of the bike. Also, splits psi between tires. The front tire may not require as high of psi as the rear.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love

glar

Ok, I will try out the suggested tire pressure of 44 psi instead of my usual 70 psi. Thanks

Bo6

Using the stock tires with tubes and running ~ 40-44 psi with no problems in my 500km so far. Much nicer ride than the 65psi I started with.