Where did Bazzawill go

Hey Tribe,
Just before I selfishly post a question, I thought it best to let you know why have not been on here for over a year I think. This is due to 2 reasons:
1. My twin boys are taking more of my time (I do TRY to get out and ride once a week) and I do keep somewhat up to date on bike stuff but no where near as much
2. My interests have shifted, I tend to spend more time looking into coffee stuff than bike stuff (this has also split my budget for bike upgrades (coffee equipment is also expensive).

Well I think that covers is. I hope you are all well, now I feel it's ok to post my question :D

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
So do you put home-ground single-estate black coffee in your water bottle? Do you have a weird upside-down back-to-front grinder that really annoys the International Union of Grinders?

So do you put home-ground single-estate black coffee in your water bottle? Do you have a weird upside-down back-to-front grinder that really annoys the International Union of Grinders?
This is my setup at the moment:
ACtC-3ebuylyY2Dv_FXNM8KQjx9TVy8GtG6HGqogVcZuGVaLugIamFxdqw843QFyod408ZlMDPduKrJ5ZS7Q_cc25oe__QmG0IsrA4M-l3DuAiOFRrcDiVl16ZBxlpjHLN9BCi3AJJEOHja7N6_6KhWv_gRfOQ=w1080-h810-no

Also notice the keg in the back ground filled with flash chilled filter coffee (that can go in a bidon:D).
However I am lusting after the Lagom P64, and a Decent DE1.4

ed72

Zen MBB Master
Nice. I had to make due with a Compak E5 grinder and a Quickmill Vetrano 2B with levers. Good coffee is almost as important as good tires.

Opik

On that coffe topic, I am a Coffee grower in Indonesia.amd still learning much. If you have natural with fresh milk and red sugar, that is coffee

3bs

whereabouts unknown
fine coffee is wasted on me.
i have pretty low standards: not too tobaccoish and not too bitter and not too fruity, and please don't burn the beans.

On that coffe topic, I am a Coffee grower in Indonesia.amd still learning much. If you have natural with fresh milk and red sugar, that is coffee
I tried to go see a real coffee farm on our honeymoon in Bali. I made our driver drive all the way out to Belantih Coffee Farm, past all the tourist places (we did go to one on a different day), down a very sketchy road that scratched his car to shit (which we paid for) we finally got there and found it was not the right time of year. Oh well, we did find a very nice cafe (that was also on a farm I think) but we just had coffee (and cascara tea) the wife was upset so we did not look around.
I enjoy good coffee as espresso with no sugar. If I am forced to endure bad coffee that is too often served in Cafe's a dash of milk can temper the bitterness.
All the best in your growing we are all constantly learning in coffee.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i have two friends who are coffee fiends. the first guy buys his bean domestically, but roasts his own. when he got married, their wedding favor to guests was a small bag of beans. after the reception i was there scooping up the bags that were left behind. the bride and groom were happy to hear i did not leave any to waste. they were pretty darn good at roasting, and could make most any bean taste pretty good.

my other friend is in a different income level. he is a hard worker and a good human, so i don't begrudge his spending choices. He flies to central and south America to buy his beans direct. i think some are straight from the farms some from coop, some broker. he of course does his own roasting as well. also does does a cigar trip to whoever makes his cigars for him. never quite sure where those flights went to, but he seemed to have access to cuban leaf. these are all personal use, no outside sales. his unit price per cup and stogie is nutty.

my equivalent is that when i have the option, i pick specific gas stations to fill my travel cup.