Early Christmas

CruzLike

Guru
Hi All
Last week Hardy must have been on vacation. Often, he is riding, cheering others on while they race. This week he was nowhere to be found.

Last Wednesday's AutoCat chase race was the best race with an exciting ending that I have ridden in.

First off, I ended up on top of the podium. But that wasn't the all the fun.
The format of the chase races is to let the slower "D" riders get a head start on the faster "C" "B" and "A" groups. As the race progresses the groups gain on each other and near the end of the race everyone is finishing together. There are many variables that affect this ideal outcome. This week all the stars aligned, and the finish was excellent.
We had a good group of 10 "D" riders. At 3/4 of a mile to the finish we were overcome by a large group of "C" and "B" riders, about 30. I got up on my pedals and made the just to the faster group. I was just hanging on the back for a 1/4 mile and a group of 6 "A" riders came up through the lead group. That increased the pressure on me to stay in the field and I was out the back. There were 5 "B" stragglers that I grouped up with to finish the ride.

It was fun. You know it's always fun when you bring home the gold hardware.
upload_2021-12-24_21-59-26.png

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Wow, that is high praise.
Our two best claims to fame must be the "Jay Boom goes Kaboom" winning a stage during the first ZRL season and your recent win in the D cat Chase. You two are some of the fastest documented D cats in the world. Our High-Speed team should do well this season.