Find Forum Members on Zwift

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
This is the Jason trick for setting names in Zwift.

Set your firstname to be ".First LastName" or whatever you go but for things like IRL or Zwift power.
In your Lastname put the Handle you want to go by and be seen. Add "CBR" for Cruzbike Rider/Racing if you want to be easy to spot to forum members

Mine is set like this and I show up as ".Ratz CBR" in the user list and chats.

2020-04-28_22-15-04.png

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
To be clear the first name box on the left no matter what you enter there, in game it'll only display the first character which in Bob and my case is a period. The last name box on the right will get displayed in game in full but be careful, make it too long and your name won't in the riders list in game and will end up scrolling to show the whole thing. The scrolling can be a PITA because it tends to show the end of your name like 90% of the time so it'll be hard for people to make out your first name.

Once you follow or freind someone on zwift if they happen to be riding when you log in their name will get pushed to the top on the riders list on the sign on menu where you select your course or workout. Also if you happen upon a followed friend in game while randomly riding around, in the riders list on the right they will have a little orange person figure next to their name to show that's one of your friends. This feature has caught my eyes a few times as I'm ripping around the island solo and would have otherwise flew passed a friend because I wasn't really reading names as I was going. Always cool to slow up give a ride on and say hey, you can even start up a private chat with only them via in game text if you use the companion app and you can continue to text them even after you go your separate ways on course.