First Zwift Race...ZHR Hare & Hounds

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Thanks to Trplay, I got all set up for my first race...the ZHR Hare & Hounds today at 18:30. Tons of fun and a good challenge. If you haven't done so yet, check out the race opportunity with the TRplay. He'll get you all setup and ready to race.

BTW, we held off the hounds for almost two full laps. I don't know if that is good or not, but it was fun. Special thanks to those on the team who kept me in the race...special shout out to that incredible lady who dropped back to assist me...you know who you are!

Blessings to all...

Last edited:
Reactions: ccf

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Cruzbike Racing is back on the road again! We had a good turnout while our Cliff Federspiel placed 4th overall in the race and Always Learning established his category for the upcoming ZRL season. If you want to keep your fitness up through the Winter don't miss out. Join our group. We have another shake-out Team Time Trial tonight at 1930 EDT. Low Drag keeping the recumbent revolution alive.

Reactions: ccf

cruzKurt

Can I see a picture of your indoor setup? I just received my Wahoo Kickr yesterday. Starting to think about the setup.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Wowsers...I am even more humbled now that I see your lovely wife. She must be a natural athlete! You ain't half-bad yourself. ;-)

trplay

Zen MBB Master
They are Flo wheels, not fully carbon but a fairing over their flo wheel. These are old so I'll guess Flo makes some fully carbon now. A little heavy but bomb-proof. Connie's bike on the left has 65 mm discs while mine on the left is 90mm. Never ever had a control problem with 90 mm on the front. We run tubeless with no problems but valve stems for 90mm is a pain. The trick is to get threaded extensions. We also have the 45mm wheelset which gives us a whole lot of mixing options. The worst thing about the wheels is in rain the fairing fills up and I mean a lot of water. They have an inadequate drain hole. I added another which helps but I still don't like the water catching issue. I guess since Flo HQ is in Las Vegas, they didn't think about the water issue :) Flo wheels are good wheels but not great.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have the newer FLO full carbon tubeless ready wheel. I really love them. They also come thru-axel and have adampter for older skewer system - so best of both worlds - plus disc brake (spline)