T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

super slim

Zen MBB Master
T50 rear view.jpeg

The rear could take a 26" * 2.5" looking at the photos, and I THINK the front can take a 26"*2.36" big Apple tyre, but definitely a 26"*2.0", as I have them on a Softrider V1.0 and the later Quests were able to take wider and higher tyres (Even 700C*25!!!) than the old Softrider!

Last edited:

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
So I'm curious how this differs from the old Sofrider, aside from the beautiful design and no shock that I can see? Any input or should I wait for the spec's to come out? :)

I think you summed it up pretty well. The biggest other difference I see is that this bike was designed to be a Cruzbike from the beginning, where as the Sofrider used a standard y frame.

(I am basing this on looking at the pictures, I don't really know anything.)

The only question I have is they quote a seat angle that doesn't tilt as horizontal as I'd expect from the pictures. What's going on there?

Reactions: Suz

Rampa

Guru
Is the seat base mounted further forward on the t-50 than the other Cruzbikes? It kind of looks like it. Especially vs the higher-end bikes. I guess it would mean more traction, but I'm under the impression that traction is fine on the Silvio and Vendetta. We'll know soon enough. :)

My first mod would probably be moving the seat back (and thus down too) a bit.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Lol... my first mod might be to try and fit my old vendetta seat to it (the one that weighs one pound heavier)

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I think you summed it up pretty well. The biggest other difference I see is that this bike was designed to be a Cruzbike from the beginning, where as the Sofrider used a standard y frame.

(I am basing this on looking at the pictures, I don't really know anything.)

The only question I have is they quote a seat angle that doesn't tilt as horizontal as I'd expect from the pictures. What's going on there?

The goal, it seems, is bare-bones functional simplicity, low cost of mass production and a foolproof seat angle for the newbies. The seat tilts no lower than 50 degrees. That's pretty upright, (hence) no headrest is needed and I think you probably can glance slightly over your shoulder. It also looks light weight (basic build is about 14Kgs or 30 pounds ), probably even less?

We "veterans" want more aggressive seat angles because we already have the balance, MBB riding skills and most importantly, we know how to manage the short comings, like traction, rear view, (hill)start/stop, riding over speed bumps and rumble strips e.t.c.

However for the T50, the masses to whom it is targeted, will probably attempt/want to look over their shoulder to see what is behind. They will expect minimal traction problems. They will want to just push the pedal and go! Consequently, the seat angle looks more upright and quite further forward than most other cruzbikes. Naturally, the BB will also be lower. Those are recipes for easy starts and great traction assuming the rides will be on good paved surface. It's a trade-off against aerodynamics and possible recumbutt issues may arise for the heavier riders. But such issues are only a concern for racing and ultra long cycling events, which at that point, the riders will no longer be newbies and will most likely modify it or use a more appropriate model.

Last edited:

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!
Miz Diane called and sent me on a minor emergency run. When I logged in to snag a RED one (15min after the start), there was one left...but by the time I processed it...gone. :(

Cruzbike Chris

Woohoo, #49 in Green. Hoping to get the wifee on it as a flashy beach cruiser too! Thanks for all the reminders @Lucia I almost forgot! (Not really just caught up in work)

DavidCH

Woohoo, #49 in Green. Hoping to get the wifee on it as a flashy beach cruiser too! Thanks for all the reminders @Lucia I almost forgot! (Not really just caught up in work)
Not sure what happened to me, one left and then the dreaded password mismatch and it went. Boy oh boy that green one looks great. Well done.

DavidCH

@Lucia How big is the box that the T50 frameset comes in?

I am very pleased that the launch has worked out so well. Thanks for putting the Sebring photo in the video. The tribe looks great. Really hope Cruzbike does well. I for one have had an incredible journey.

And it wouldn't have been possible without you.

DavidCH

Hey I got a black one! Yippee. It's not for me but for someone I can teach!

Make it simple sweet. Thanx!

Only 12 left... they are hot cakes

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I asked Lucia to configure the TWO Basic Unassembled - Early Bird when I discovered pledging for one didn't let you go back and pledge for another. If you did that and want to pledge for two - there is also a two frame package option now, you can click manage your pledge, then click cancel and then go make a new pledge for one of the double packs... ;)

If one is great, then :cruzbike::cruzbike: is stupendous!

-Eric

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok well I did as I promised my self; I waited until 50 where gone so as not to steel the colorful ones. 2 black kits headed here to transfer all the components from the the old Quests Frames. Thanks to eric my wallet is lighter that is was suppose to be.