T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I'm in to try and make the T-50 work as a Z-20 Zwift training platform. Initial outlook has it only at an outside chance to get the recline to match the V-20 /Silvio range but we'll see. If the training platform design can be pulled off don't be surprised to see the Z-20mm (Moose Mod) become the leading seller. Meanwhile back to Zwifting.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I'm in to try and make the T-50 work as a Z-20 Zwift training platform. Initial outlook has it only at an outside chance to get the recline to match the V-20 /Silvio range but we'll see. If the training platform design can be pulled off don't be surprised to see the Z-20mm (Moose Mod) become the leading seller. Meanwhile back to Zwifting.
If it works I might even buy a tv!

DavidJL

Went out for a bike ride just before launch time. Missed out on the green frameset. Moral: you cruise, you lose, ;-( But I did pledge for a black frameset. Would have to had to get Schwalbe Big Apple tires for the green frame.

BentSk8r

Woohoo! Got a black and a green Deluxe for grocery getters, unpaved trail riders, trainer sitters, demo givers, and companion riders in two locations. The trick was to set up two accounts in Kickstarter.

Kinda weird that a Vendetta was the gateway drug into the Cruzbike vortex but I'm sure hooked now.

Just another old guy on a fast bike. :cruzbike:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Anyone else notice how drastically the BB dropped when Jim extended the slider for a taller rider? It looked kind of extreme to me so I wondered if the over 6' riders would feel like their legs were way down when compared to the 5' riders? Kind of seems like the forward chain stays already sit at a more horizontal angle compared to the vendetta so when making adjustments the BB with drop further per mm of extension when compared to the V.

The video could simply have show Jim extending it far beyond what even a 6' rider would need but that was something that stuck out at me.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
With such a upright seat angle the rear wheel looks a bit odd hanging out so far back. Then when I see it with saddle bags I start to think of utilizing all the rear area for a large 50 liter singlular trunk to hold a whole trips worth of groceries. Make it into a true utility bike for those who want to go car-less.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
With such a upright seat angle the rear wheel looks a bit odd hanging out so far back. Then when I see it with saddle bags I start to think of utilizing all the rear area for a large 50 liter singlular trunk to hold a whole trips worth of groceries. Make it into a true utility bike for those who want to go car-less.
That's part of the reason it's longer

Anyone else notice how drastically the BB dropped when Jim extended the slider for a taller rider? It looked kind of extreme to me so I wondered if the over 6' riders would feel like their legs were way down when compared to the 5' riders? Kind of seems like the forward chain stays already sit at a more horizontal angle compared to the vendetta so when making adjustments the BB with drop further per mm of extension when compared to the V.

the quest 451 were that way too you could put them quiet low because of the short chain stay; they are actually quite comfortable to ride that way but it does require a very upright seat position to to keep the legs from hitting the seat pan while pedaling. If you look at this really old hyper lapse video at around 0:41 you will see a low foot and tall seat when I'm record my feet. Works especially well without clip shoes

Last edited:

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
@Lucia How big is the box that the T50 frameset comes in?

I am very pleased that the launch has worked out so well. Thanks for putting the Sebring photo in the video. The tribe looks great. Really hope Cruzbike does well. I for one have had an incredible journey.

And it wouldn't have been possible without you.
Thank you David :) The frame set box is: 46"x20"x10"

Brad R

Hello,

I have been reading here for months, but joined so I could ask questions. I snagged a green T50 today.

Congratulations to Lucia and the rest of the Cruzbike team and tribe for building the excitement of today's launch. I enjoyed reading the communications and I was excited to be able to be a supporter of this kickstarter project. It sits at 83% funded as I write this 11 hours after the starting gun sounded.

Are the seat pan and seat back separately adjustable? To clarify, if I move the seat back to a more reclined position, does it increase the included angle between the pan and back or does it tilt the front of the pan up relative to the starting position?

Also, is the seat pan angle or position adjustable with respect to the frame?

I am looking forward to learning to ride the T50.

I will use the Tutuorial. Thanks for that. I tried to ride the Q that was at the RCC near Chicago in 2014. I had never ridden a two wheel recumbent before that day. The Cruzbike was a the only one that I had trouble with. I expect that having a couple of years on a RWD recumbent bike and having more time and the tutorial will get me through the learning curve pretty quickly.

I know that the advice is to not ride a RWD recumbent two wheeler while developing MBB skill. Is riding a trike during this time also detrimental?

Thanks in advance for the help I will get.

Brad

ratz

Welcome aboard Brad,

When the seat tips back the butt area lowers closer to the frame. The front position of the seat stays fixed.

Trike riding at the same time won't slow down adaptation.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thank you, this helps clear things up. Hello Ratz/ Rojo/ anyone, work with me. I'm trying to work out an easy way to make this as an economical indoor trainer station that replicates the vendetta position. If I could get the angle close it seems like it would be cheap and a great space saver. Do you see a way to make it happen?

If the tubes just slide into one another and then the clamps hold them from sliding I would imagine you could just start cutting off from both ends so slide it further together. You would loose the ability to go full extension after cutting so it's a one way deal. It's very similar to cutting down the vendetta's boom to accommodate super short legs. The only other issue is the joint between the seat back and seat pan. Will it allow you to tip the seat back far enough without the hing binding?

DavidJL

As I understand it, the seat is basically the same as on the Q, a two-piece seat. Bummed out I missed out on the green frame, didn't realize how quickly the launch would be pounced on. Got the black frameset instead.

ratz

As I understand it, the seat is basically the same as on the Q, a two-piece seat. Bummed out I missed out on the green frame, didn't realize how quickly the launch would be pounced on. Got the black frameset instead.

One thing about that straight frame is it would be easy to sand blast and have powder coated any color you can think of... probably for cheap too hmmmm.:rolleyes:

DavidJL

A black frame like that should have white reflective striping. Make it look like a Vendetta... If I had a choice in color, I would prefer the original Vendetta yellow. I really do hope this is the bike that gets many more people riding.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
One thing about that straight frame is it would be easy to sand blast and have powder coast any color you can think of... probably for cheap too hmmmm.:rolleyes:
Ratz could you ask the guy who painted your Emerald Green Quest, how much to sand blast the black frame, seat, forks, boom and slider, and rear seat support, and paint the frame the vibrant Green??
I think he might get a few bikes to shot blast and paint!

ratz

Ratz could you ask the guy who painted your Emerald Green Quest, how much to sand blast the black frame seat forks and rear seat support, and paint the frame the vibrant Green??
I think he might get a few bikes to paint!

I know this; it will be a lot easier without the suspension fork. And yes that's the plan But it will be an after RAAM project.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Are there any photos of the underside of the seat, on the frame to see how the seat is moved back and forward and also tilt?