10 Mile TT at the Wright Patterson Air Force - Oct - 12th

CruzLike

Guru
@M.J Are there any pointers to can give to a couple of first timers to this event? Special turns, places to park, or preferred wind direction?

Rob Lloyd

You might also ask Mike Mowett. He's done it a few times on his M1.

I wish I knew for sure that I could make it...

M.J

There's only one place to park, so that's easy. It can be hard to find, but chances are you'll follow someone in who has a bike strapped to their car and you can follow them.
Pay attention to the first turn after the start straight. It's a sharp right hander through a narrow section. The rest of the corners are pretty easy.
For most of the Blue Streak events this year it seems like the wind has been blowing hard out of the southwest, which is up the long back straight. I had trouble pacing it as I knew I didn't want to go 110% with the wind because then you turn the last corner and get a mile of headwind to the finish. I probably under shot the speed with the tailwind out of an abundance of caution. My second TT was run as an out and back instead of the normal loop because of road construction, so that was disappointing. I had done a lot of training and bike optimizing but then didn't get to make a direct comparison.

Don1

Guru
Sorry Matthew, I thought you should have been faster with the watts you were doing then I saw in a sunny bit, a shadow of you on a road bike. That all makes sense now, and I changed may opinion, Kudos for knocking out 33-36Km/hr Solid effort. Awesome

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I made a practice TT run today (on my V20) on an out and back 10 mile course (Same course I road the Cruzbike TT on last year, except only 10 miles and not 12.)
Looks like I am off about 60 seconds from from fastest time last year, but not too bad since I have not really been training at all for speed this year due to my heart issues.
I will try and take the Magic out next weekend and see if it is any faster.
I think Mike Mowett was the fastest recumbent last month with a 27.0 mph average - so that is my goal to beat
I know Ken H is going - anybody else going to be there with Cruzbike?

10 Mile TT practice.PNG